howard stark ─ taken

* means things can be changed

STATUS : Take by dunbonnet
TITLE : Life After Death
FANDOM : Marvel
TIMELINE : Alternative Universe - Post-The First Avenger*
LOVE INTEREST : Howard Stark
FACE CLAIM(S) : Caitriona Balfe as Beatrice Roth, Josh Hartnett as Nathaniel Roth, Teresa Palmer as Audrey Benson, Kate Beckinsale as Emilia Elliot

STATUS : Take by dunbonnetTITLE : Life After DeathFANDOM : MarvelTIMELINE : Alternative Universe - Post-The First Avenger*LOVE INTEREST : Howard StarkFACE CLAIM(S) : Caitriona Balfe as Beatrice Roth, Josh Hartnett as Nathaniel Roth, Teresa Palmer ...

 SUMMARY :Beatrice Roth had dedicated her entire life to the world of science

SUMMARY :
Beatrice Roth had dedicated her entire life to the world of science. She lives and breathes for it and it's all her mind thinks about all day. But it is in her genetics, after all. Her father, Arnold Roth, was a man who all among the community of science ─ and the world, too ─ would remember for generations. He was a brilliant mind, one people dreamed of having. His intelligence passed on to his daughter, Beatrice, who he called his greatest invention. But Beatrice's greatest invention was something she had been working on for ages when a near death experience almost took her life.

When people die, nobody knows where they go, right? Some religions believe there is an afterlife; a Heaven or a Hell. Some think there is nothing after death, just an empty black void of nothingness. But what is there really? What is in the life beyond death? That is what Beatrice intends to find out.

Working day and night for years, the woman found her life's work successful in Project Afterlife. But she could no complete this task alone, so Beatrice contacted the only person she knew could help her; an old college friend, a blast from her past, a family friend, Howard Stark. With his help, she is certain the manufacturing of her project will be successful.

DESCRIPTION :
❝ Darling, you are all I ever wanted love to be. ❞

EPIGRAPH QUOTE :
❝ In you,
I have finally found all I never dared dream I could ever deserve or have ─ the kind of love that is rare.
Being known in that way touches the deepest parts of me.
Accepted in a way that blows my mind.
In you,
the love I have always desired to give now has a place to call home.
I have been a skeptic, but you are my undeniable miracle.
The questions don't matter anymore.
We have finally found each other,
and that is enough. ❞
── John Mark Green, My Undeniable Mirace

ADDITIONAL NOTES :
─ This plot was inspired by the movie Flatliners. I find the concept of the movie fascinating, and placing it in Marvel makes an interesting twist.

─ Beatrice will inject herself with the serum she manufactured, which will them stop her heart. It will allow her to walk in the afterlife. After about ten minutes or so, Howard will then have to inject her with the next serum made to restart her heart. Similar to the movies, it'll take time for her heart to restart and those in the room will fear she's accidentally killed herself.

─ Each serum is colored differently. The red serum will stop her heart and the white serum will restore balance to her body. She manufactured both of them herself and spent years testing them in her lab.

─ Serums are Beatrice's specialty, which is why Howard later wants her help in creating the serum for Captain America.

─ Beatrice needs Howard's help because, while she is dead, the machine he will help her build will preserve her body and keep every muscle and organ, etc. in tact while she is dead. Kind of like the Winter Soldiers and how they stay young ─ they're preserved. She basically needs him to preserve her body while she walks in the afterlife because although she has the brains, she doesn't have the muscle to build such a machine.

─ Beatrice is the first born of her family. She inheirted all of her father's intelligence, wit and sarcasm. Her tongue is as sharp as her mind. She's very proud of her work and doesn't like it when people judge her for it or belittle her because she's a woman.

─ They had a relationship when they were younger but it ended when Howard got a little too egotistical for her liking and he started flirting with other women. Beatrice worried he would cheat on her even though he said he loved her, but she eventually broke things off anyway. After that, the only time they ever saw each other was when their families would get together or at expos.

─ They reunite when she contacts him to help her build a machine for her project. When they see each other, everything comes rushing back, the love still there after all these years. There will be a lot of flirting on Howard's part and maybe she can flirt back a little too, but nothing major will happen until The First Avenger.

─ Her young brother by six years is Nathaniel, a soldier that will join the war alongside Steve and Bucky. He can even be in their group if you want. His girl, a war medic, is Audrey Bensen. They met when he first joined the military. They will later marry when the war ends. Even though they aren't married yet, Audrey is like a sister to Beatrice.

─ Elizabeth is Beatrice's closest friend. They've known each other for a very long time. Beatrice eventually came to hire Elizabeth as her personal assistance. Elizabeth gave opinions during the creation of Project Afterlife and helped Beatrice come up with a proper idea of how to manufacture the project. They're very close. Like sisters. Also, Elizabeth knows about her past with Howard, so I imagine Elizabeth will tease them when the flirting begins.

─ You can change Beatrice's project name (which is Project Afterlife) if you'd like but please run your ideas by me first.

─ Beatrice is Tony's mother. The idea I had for a Post-The First Avengers act was during her pregnancy and ending with Tony's birth. But you don't have to write anything after The First Avenger if you don't want to. You can just include their wedding and Tony's birth in an epilogue, or you don't have to write it all. It's up to you.