6

Ey its me, the author, again! Are you all ready for the next chapter? Yay!
Readers: ....
Ok...I'm gonna just leave...Enjoy the chapter!

°°°

     You walked inside the house, er, your new home. It felt different to you as you realized you now belonged here in a sense.

      You let a small smile show before letting it disappear and walked towards the couch making sure to gently place down the things you held.

     The others followed suit and looked at the small pile of junk. It consisted of the stolen fruits, the purse, a half bottle of water, some old clothes, a backpack, two books, a camera, an art book, some art supplies, and several pieces of candy.

     Like you had said, it wasn't much. You turned to ask the guys where you would now sleep and place your stuff only to see Edd who was rubbing his chin in thought.

     The others had gone off somewhere to do whatever they wanted since they were tired from the stress of court.

     You felt the lag and fatigue of fear and stress as well when you had to stand in a court room with thousands of people staring at you.

     You didn't like being noticed or being the center of attention. It was dangerous. You were suddenly snapped out of your thoughts when Edd brightened and snapped his fingers.

     "I have an idea!" Before you could ask what it was you realized Edd had called some architects and they had finished making a new room, attatching it to the side of the house within, what seemed like, seconds.

     You just blinked, rubbed your eyes, then blinked again. You even pinched yourself to make sure that you weren't sleeping or seeing things but nope.

     What you saw had actually just happened. You decided to just not question it and go with it, blaming it on Eddsworld logic.

     Edd picked up half of your belongings and you picked up the rest. You both walked into the empty room and Edd sat your stuff in a corner before throwing his arm out and showing off the room.

      "Ta Da! Your new room! What do ya think (Y/N)? I know its bare right now but we can build or buy you the things you need or want for it." As Edd talked you dumped your stuff down and walked around the room. Even if it was bare it was beautiful to you.

     You ran your hand along the white walls taking it away and actually felt a huge smile split your cheeks when no grime coated your hand.

     The floor was a nice fluffy beige carpet instead of brown and cold dirt, you had a full window leading out into the side yard, a large closet, and a working creakless bedroom door.

     You felt an unfamilar ache tug at your heart. It felt like...joy. You turned to Edd with a shaky smile and tears in your eyes. At first, Edd was alarmed at this and began to panic.

     "Is something wrong? Is the room not good? Should I order a new one?" You cut Edd off by hugging him, but due to your small size, you could only reach his waist. You sniffed back your tears and chuckled.

     "No. Its good. I love it. Thank you Edd." You mumbled. Edd smiled and bent down to your height so he could hug you correctly. After that he stood and ruffled your hair causing you to flinch in surprise as you weren't expecting it, nor were you used to it.

     Edd didn't notice your discomfort and stood to leave the room and, after a second, you recovered and followed close behind him.

     "Um, Edd where am I supposed to sleep since I don't have a bed yet?" You asked curiously. Edd thought for a bit and sighed.

     "I guess your gonna have to sleep on the couch again. I'm sorry." Edd said. You just shrugged and smiled at him.

      "It's okay Edd. I don't mind." You said with a goofy grin spreading across your face. Edd smiled at you and ruffled your hair again, making it a mess and causing you to internally flinch.

     A sudden feeling of your own dad doing this same thing with you surfaced and a sudden gloom came over you. Edd seemed to notice and moved your hair out of your eyes that he had messed up.

     "Hey what's wrong (Y/N)?" Edd asked. You shook the gloom away and painted a fake smile on your face.

     "Its nothing. I'm fine." You said, mimicking cheer. Edd frowned, obviously not believing you or liking the answer but decided he would let it go this once instead of pry. He smiled and turned to the kitchen.

     "Well, okay, if you say so. Now go have fun! I'm going to make something for dinner!" Edd said before disappearing into the kitchen. You allowed your smile to fall and slumped back to your new room.

     You often got depressed whenever memories or flashbacks surfaced and unfortunately, it happened often.

     Usually, something would have to trigger it but on rare occasions one would just surface and you couldn't drown it again. But something always made you feel better.

     With a small smile, you unzipped the backpack and pulled out a medium sized stuffed toy. It was a cute stitched Red Panda (see chapter picture above) with dark red stitching, yellow, red, and black patterns, a red collar, and white eyes.

     It was slightly dirty and patched up but you had managed to take rather good care of it. It was your only item you had from your old life and home. You remembered how tightly you clutched it in your hand when you had fled that night from the flames.

     You shivered at the memory, unconsciously hugging the stuffed animal close to your chest. Despite the depressing history behind the toy and yourself, it was the only thing that kept you company and brightened your day.

     You had named it (T/N). You hugged it tightly to your chest as the feeling of gloom had resurfaced.

     After half an hour of thinking and hugging (T/N), you uncurled yourself from the floor, dusted off (T/N), and carefully placed it back into the backpack. Once satsified that it was safe, you left the room to go and explore some more.

°°°

      So now we know about your comfort object. This was just a short chapter that shows a bit more about your personality and that your not as fine as people think.

     First off, there's no way an eight year old could not be scarred or damaged in some way by the horrible events of their families death, plus, we haven't even mentioned the things that child has witnessed on the street.

     You had to learn things some way. Anyways, I'll try to get better and longer chapters that involve more adventures with the guys and them getting to know you better! By the way, I like to call the stuffed Red Panda Bennett...yeah....Later Gators!

~A.T.