14

This is a request from @YellowLeaderJ. I hope you enjoy the chapter!

°°°

    You were bored. B-O-R-E-D, bored! You groaned in annoyance as you slowly rolled off of your bed and onto the floor with a loud thump. You smooshed your face against the carpet and groaned in annoyance as you examined your room. Suddenly, your eyes settled on a book underneath your bed.

     "Huh, I don't remember that being there..." You trailed off as you reached your arm under the bed and dragged it out. Your eyes lit up in awe as a large spell book was dragged out from beneath the bed. You blew on it and watched dust fill the air before running your fingers along the old brown binding.

     "This is just like it came out of a movie." You were so lost in your mind over the book that you didn't notice Tord walk in to check on you. He laid eyes on the book and immediately panicked.

     "(Y/N) what the hell are you doing!? Get away from that book!" Tord shouted. You flinched at the loud and panicked tone. You were getting much better with being spooked but you weren't used to the boys acting or screaming in such a way at you. You quickly scooted on your butt away from the book and tried to suppress another flinch as Tord snatched the book away.

     "You didn't open it did you?" Tord asked you. You noticed the worry in his eyes and you suppressed your earlier shock and replaced it with confusion.

    "Um, no. Why? What is it?" You asked and found your eyes trailing back to the leather book. Tord noticed your gaze and shoved the book into his hoodie pocket.

     "It's an evil book. That's all you need to know. I have no idea how it even got in here, it should've been lost with all of Matt's junk." Tord was now muttering to himself. You thought over what he meant by 'evil book' and a horrific thought came to your mind.

     "Ew, was that hentai!? Did you hide hentai in my room!?" You screeched, your face scrunched up in a disgusted way, nose crinkled and eyes narrowed.

     "What? No! I wouldn't do that! Besides, I know you're a curious kid and if I wanted to hide it, it would definitely not be in here. It's just an evil book, you don't need to worry about it." Tord smiled fondly at you and ruffled your hair. You pouted and crossed your arms with a huff.

     "Fine." You said with slight disappointment. However, that book wouldn't leave your mind for some reason and you found your eyes trailing to the pocket which concealed it. It's like it had a voice only you could hear, and it was screaming at you. Tord took notice of your eye's burning holes into his pocket and he shoved his hands in as if to prevent it from escaping or for you to grab at it.

     "Alright kid, how about when I put this book up, you and I go somewhere?" You immediately perked up at the question and you couldn't hide the gleam of surprise and joy lighting your eyes. Tord found himself smiling softly at you.

     "Yes! Where are we gonna go?!" You squealed aloud the question as you vibrated in place from excitement. Tord laughed and winked at you.

     "It's a secret. Just get ready and I'll go put this book up in a safe place." Tord said as he removed a hand to pat his pocket. You watched him leave the room, part of you still yearning to grab that book...but excitement overwhelmed the yearning and you quickly packed a small backpack full of essentials.

     This was a special time for you since you had only been living with the guys for half a month but you barely spent one-on-one time with them. You hummed a small tune to yourself and allowed a smile to split your cheeks when Tord reappeared.

     As you can tell, living with the guys had helped you to feel less terrified about things and you couldn't remember the last time you had a nightmare about your past. You dared to say that you were getting better.