18

Ok so, are you all ready to meet your neighbors?

°°°

     After the breakfast fiasco that morning, you were left to your own devices because the others had to clean up their mess. You giggled quietly to yourself as the memory of what you seen earlier hit you. You had woken up due to loud noises and the terrifying smell of smoke which was coming from the kitchen.

     Bad memories invaded your mind at the smell of the smoke and you had quickly rushed from your room, down the hall, and into the kitchen. You had froze in the doorway though and fought back laughter at the sight that had awaited you.

     In the kitchen, the once yellow walls were now charred a smoky black, Ringo's head had been stuck inside a jar as she yowled loudly for help, Matt seemed to have locked himself in the closet and shouted things about Narnia, Tord's hair was somehow on fire and he ran screaming around the room as Tom tried to put Tord's hair out with coffee, and the oven was exploding bits of eggs and bacon which Edd desperately tried to stop by turning off the oven. You couldn't help but collapse into a ball of laughter at the chaos before you.

     "Man, I love my family." You muttered to yourself with a soft smile after you relived the memory from that morning. You had also been forced to remain outside the rest of the day as the boys cleaned the kitchen and aired out the house.

     You sat in the backyard by yourself, milling around your thoughts and petting Ringo who had been freed from the jar and followed you outside to escape the smoky smelling house. As you sat there thinking, loud voices and shouting erupted from the fence beside you.

     "Dammit Jon, I told you to turn the toaster off!" A loud and angered shout reached your ears.

     "B-But you were the one who was u-using the microwave so it's not a-all my fault." A timid voice responded. Curiosity got the best of you and you pushed Ringo aside, peeking over the fence to see three figures that were standing in their backyard as black smoke billowed out from their back door.

     You were somehow reminded of Edd, Tom, and Matt from the three other figures despite the obvious differences. A brunette with facial hair in a green polo stood angrily beside a short brunette in a blue polo who was twiddling nervously with his hands. Not to far from them stood a blonde haired guy in a purple turtle neck rubbing his butt shaped chin in thought as he stared at the smoking house.

     "Great, now what're we gonna do? This will take forever to clean up." The one in green ranted slightly as the other two attempted to calm him or add in ideas to help spruce up the place. After a few minutes of you watching them argue, you decided to intervene.

     "Hey, are you guys alright?" You shouted over the fence towards the three. They all simultaneously stopped talking and turned their attention to you as you managed to climb the fence and sit on top of it.

     "Um, what do you mean are we alright and who are you?" The small guy in blue asked you. You rolled your eyes and hopped off the fence and into their yard with a friendly smile.

     "I'm (Y/N) and I mean, it looks like you guys blew up your kitchen and I was just asking if you guys were okay or needed any help." You explained to them while also introducing yourself. The tall guy in green huffed and crossed his arms as he looked down at you slightly confused.

     "Well, as you can see we're all fine here. Now you can go ahead and leave kid." He said making a shooing gesture with his hand towards you. You huffed at him and gave him a glare as he rudely pushed aside your presence and concern. Living with the boys had boosted up your confidence over the past months and you weren't going to just be rushed off when you could help.