17

You stumbled into the kitchen that morning rubbing the sleep from your eyes and slumped into a chair. Edd looked up from his drawing and smiled at you.

     "Morning bedhead. How was your sleep?" Edd asked you with a small smile and reached over to ruffle your messy hair. You swatted his hand away tiredly and yawned before slamming your face onto the table.

     "Meh...it was ok." You mumbled. By that you meant 'It could've been better'. It had been a few days since the lake accident and you were trying to get over the nightmares you had recieved from it. You had stopped going to Tord when you had them, mostly because you felt bad for bothering him even though he assured you he didn't mind helping.

     "Are you sure? You look really tired. Are you feeling well?" Edd asked and moved forward to place the back of his palm on your head. You snickered and rolled your eyes, pushing Edd's hand away from you.

     "I'm fine, I promise." You said. Edd frowned a bit at your obvious lie and eyed you a bit, but decided to let you be, just this once. You were thankful that he dropped the subject and rested your head on your crossed arms soon finding yourself dozing off. However, a sudden squeak escaped you as, out of nowhere, hands grabbed you and lifted you onto a pair of broad shoulders.

     "Good~ morning (Y/N)!" Matt sang loudly and held you steady on his shoulders. You had gotten used to this sort of thing over the course of time you lived with the boys and you just plopped your head in Matt's hair with a tired smile. You ignored his protest as you messed up his perfect hair making you giggle.

     "Mornin Matty." You croaked out. Edd looked up from his drawing that he had gone back too and rolled his eyes at you and Matt with a fond smile.

     "Hey Matt, are you gonna be cooking this morning?" Edd asked and couldn't stop the chuckle that escaped him as he noticed you asleep atop the tangles of Matt's hair. Matt grinned widely at this.

     "I have been chosen! They are mine for today! Haha!" Matt declared loudly which, somehow, did not disturb you. Edd just smacked his forhead at Matt's ridiculous behaviour and stood up to walk over to you both.

     "Alright, I'll cook this morning. Go and bring them back to bed, they look exhausted." Edd whispered as he stood on his tip toes in order to reach up and ruffle your hair again. Matt snickered at his short friend's actions.

     "No problem Edd, I'll bring them straight to bed. Hey, that rhymed!" Matt declared happily as he exited the kitchen and brought you to your room. Once you were both out of sight, Edd frowned and looked around the kitchen worriedly.

     "Morning Edd." Edd squeaked in surprise and turned to see Tom enter the kitchen who walked straight to the coffee maker to brew a cup. Edd sighed and laughed nervously at how easily he was spooked.

     "Good morning Tom, it's nice to see you starting to get up early instead of sometime in the afternoon." Edd said as he walked over to the fridge and looked around for something to make.

     "Yeah, well, we hava a kid here now and I guess it's time to start being somewhat responsible." Tom said as he turned around to face Edd and lean against the counter. Edd snorted in surprise as he grabbed a carton of eggs.

     "You, responsible? Who are you and where's the real Tom?" Edd joked and punched Tom lightly in the arm as he walked past him. Tom 'rolled his eyes' and smiled slightly.

     "Ha ha, real funny Edd." Tom spoke without much humor in his voice. Edd got to work busying himself with the eggs as Tom got himself a cup of black coffee and sat at the table to drink it.

     "Ew, how can you drink that stuff black?" Tord spoke as he entered the kitchen and noticed what Tom was drinking. "I don't know, maybe it's because I like it." Tom stated with a shrug and chugged the whole cup down, smirking at the grimace Tord shot him.

     "That is just disgusting Tom. Plain disgusting." Tord said and shuddered while Edd laughed at the two. Tord prepared his own cup of coffee, making sure to add creamer and sugar, as Matt entered the kitchen.

     "Ooo~ that smells nice! What're you making?" Matt asked Edd and bounced up to him to peek behind his shoulder at the food. Edd elbowed Matt in the gut causing the ginger to fall backwards with a dramatic 'oof' and collapse to the floor.

     "Oh, I've been hit! It's the end of me! Edd, tell my family that I love them and someone tell (Y/N) they can have my novelty toy collection! I see a bright light...grandma is that you?" Matt declared dramatically and reached up for the kitchen light. Edd walked over Matt with a roll of his eyes and a shake of his head as he placed the plates on the table.

     "No Matt, that's the kitchen light, you're fine. I didn't even elbow you that hard. Now c'mon, get up, breakfast is ready." Edd said and held out a hand for Matt. Matt gladly excpeted the offered hand.

     "Why thank you good man. Now which plate is mine!?" Matt asked as he examined the table. Edd sighed at his friend and directed him to his seat.

     "Here, let me help you Edd." Tord said as he stood up from his chair and walked over to the drawers to grab the utensils as Edd poured the drinks.

     "Thanks Tord, that's very generous of you." Edd said with a smile as he passed out the drinks as Tord set out the utensils.

     "Eh, I'm feeling generous today." Tord shrugged with a grin. Matt wasted no time in digging into his bacon eggs while Tom just smirked and sipped the milk given to him.

     "Well, I'm just happy to be getting served. Since when did we start doing this?" Tom asked as he thought back to all the times when they would fight over breakfast or just fend for themselves. The others stopped to consider this as well.

     "Hmm, I don't know. But I like it. This is the closest we've ever been to each other and I have to say, I do like Edd's cooking." Matt said as he shoved a forkful of eggs and bacon strips into his mouth.

     "Hey, can't argue with that." Tom stated as he slowly ate his food. Tord sat in his seat and dug into his own food while Edd beamed at Matt's praise. The four boys spent the morning chatting and helping the others when Edd suddenly remembered something.

      "Oh shit!" Edd flung up from his seat and quickly rushed over to the fridge. The others flung up from their own seats in worry and panic for their friend. A chorus of 'What's' and 'Is something wrong' echoed around the kitchen as Edd frantically started to make another batch of bacon eggs and simultaneously poured a bowl of water.

     "I forgot to make (Y/N) a plate and give Ringo fresh food and water!" Edd panicked. The others visibly relaxed and laughed about Edd's behaviour. Tom walked over and took their overflowing water bowl from Edd who was keeping his eyes on the half burnt eggs.

     "Here, I'll get Ringo's water and Matt can get Ringo's food." Tom said with a fond smile. Edd turned to him with a thankful look as Tord walked over and turned the burner down.

     "If you keep this up to high, you'll set the kitchen on fire." Tord joked and bumped Edd away from the stove. "Don't worry we got this. Go relax a bit." Tord said as he got to work on the eggs. Edd sighed in relief and walked into the living room to sit on the couch until he remembered all the other times 'Don't worry, we got this' was ever spoken.

      You ended up waking to loud screams from the kitchen, smoke filling the house, Ringo yowling, and the walls shaking. That was the last time Edd was trusted to relax and leave the three in the kitchen alone.