25

AN: Heyo my gators! Welcome to chapter 25! Man, I've come such a long way in this book and it is mostly thanks to all of you!

     I never would've gotten as far as I have today without any of you boosting me along. So thank you all. Thank you all so much! I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

     Oh, also, just a little heads up. In this story, Tord never left to go to the "big city" and ended up staying in order to help raise you. Okay, you can continue the story now!

===

     The cheers from the crowd ring loudly in your ears as you dangle upside down in the clawed hand of a horrifying monster. It's fangs drip with saliva and its putrid stench enevelops you as it roars victoriously, making you bring up a hand to cover your nose as you push down the urge to vomit.

     The crowd of onlookers stand from their seats and over a thousand voices shout their excitement over what's soon to be your horrible death. You may be wondering how you had gotten here. Well, let's just say some aliens are not happy with you or your dad's.

     24 Hours Earlier...

     The day had begun with the sun shining brightly as it slowly rose in the sky lighting the world up in a fiery pink and orange haze. The clouds drifted along like light blue whales in the vast ocean of blue as the sun tinged them a light pink. It always reminded you of candy floss.

     Of course, that morning you weren't exactly paying attention to the lovely painting in the sky as you were busy continuously apologizing to your date over the phone about the family meet-and-dinner the night before.

     "(C/N), I'm still so, so, so sorry about the dinner last night. I promise my dad's aren't usually like that. Okay, I take that back, they are but I'm still sorry!" You apologized into the speaker as you sprawled out across your bed, still clad in your pajamas, with a pillow clutched to your chest. A soft laugh echoed out of the speaker and you couldn't help but smile at the lovely (or goofy) sound.

     "Honestly, don't worry about it (Y/N). I feel honored to have met one of the most important members of your family." You let out an undignified snort at what they said, the memory of the harpoon gun being placed at the table beside (C/N) during dinner still fresh in your mind.

     "Well, it may be true but that still didn't mean you had to be treated so rudely last night. It was like my dad's were eating with their worst enemy." You frowned as another memory of the silent glares sent at (C/N) throughout the night were followed by personal questions and hidden threats.

     "Think about it (Y/N), to them I am a threat. In their minds, I'm taking you away from them. Most dad's are like that with their kids, you know?" (C/N) made a point. If you put yourself in your dad's shoes (or any dad's for that matter) it made sense. It honestly warmed your heart to know they cared and worried so much, but there were always lines not meant to be crossed.

     Last night was a line way crossed, especially with Tord going out of his way to show off his personal gun stock to (C/N).

     "Yeah, but that doesn't make it any less annoying." You grumbled with a huff. A soft chuckle from (C/N) followed your sentence before a comfortable silence reigned. A sudden explosion from downstairs interrupted the peace and sent you sprawling onto the floor with a yelp of surprise.

     "(Y/N), are you okay!? What was that!?" The alarmed tone coming from the phone alerted you to your concerned crush and you hastily brought the phone back up to your ear.

     "I don't know," you sighed as you sat up, annoyance clear in your tone. "Probably the boys blowing up the kitchen again or something. I'll call you later, okay? bye!"