13

So I was in math class. I had already posted chapter 12 with you nearly calling Edd dad and I was gonna leave it at that and move on to a deeper part of the story.

     However, my teacher ends up telling us a story of his encounter with a spider on his porch one afternoon.

     Suddenly, BOOM! More ideas fill my head and I have to post pone the more important parts of the story to write this scene! I know I don't have to, but I want too!

     I hope you all enjoy this! Also, sorry to all of those who aren't scared of spiders but, for the sake of bonding with Tom, pretend you are. Thank you!

°°°

     A scream rang, shrill and loud, throughout the house. Almost instantly Tom, the only person home at the time, raced into your room looking scared out of his mind but ready to murder someone.

     He stops and gives you a confused look as you are sitting on a rolling chair clutching it for dear life and whimpering, (E/C) eyes wide with alarm.

     Tom looks around and, when he doesn't see anything wrong, frowns. Now he's just annoyed.

    "What the hell was that for kid? You nearly gave me a heart attack! I thought you had been hurt or something!" Tom chastised you, his frown deepening. You simply took one shaky finger and pointed to the floor mere inches away from his feet.

    "S-Spider." You choke out. Tom, not quite registering what you had said, looks down to where you're pointing to see a small brown eight legged spider. It looked up at him and waved a leg in greeting.

    "Herro." Tom's screams shook the house and sounded even more shrill and girly than yours. He was now perched ontop of your dresser staring down at the arachnid fearfully.

     His white eyes stared pleadingly at you but you made no move from your seat. Having Tom feel afraid of the tiny arachnid made you certain that you had every right to be scared too. The spider suddenly crawled towards your chair and began to climb up the side.

     You felt tears form in the corners of your eyes as you screamed. You leaned backwards making the chair lean too far back and you fell.

     Tom seemed to gain inhuman speed at this point and grabbed you before you hit the floor and jumped onto your bed safely out of reach from the spider.

     You trembled slightly as the arachnid crawled around on the floor, wondering where its prey went most likely. Tom sat at the farthest corner of the bed, sitting criss-crossed with you in his lap.

     He tightened his arms around you protectively as the spider disappeared somewhere and you hugged him.

    "Thanks da-" You shut your mouth quickly before the word completely escaped your lips. You felt Tom freeze and he looked down at you. He looked shocked and slightly expectant as well. You gulped and nervously looked away from him.

    "Uh, thanks." You settled on saying. Tom sighed and set his chin atop your head.

    "No problem kiddo. Fear of spiders or not, I've gotta keep my kid safe." Tom chuckled as you froze in shock this time. You felt a warmth grow in your stomach. Something you had felt before with Edd caring for you when you were sick. You just hid your face in Tom's hoodie as you smiled. You giggled as something tickled your leg.

    "Tom stop. That tickles!" You giggled out. Tom raised a brow at you in confusion.

    "Um, (Y/N), I'm not touching you, well, besides hugging you that is." You froze and felt horror fill your gut as you slowly looked at your leg, Tom mimicking you. On your leg sat the furry brown spider. It smiled revealing it's freaky fanged teeth and waved a leg before saying in a tiny cute voice,

    "Herro!"

     You screamed and clutched Tom's hoodie tightly as he sreamed and knocked the spider off of your leg.

     He instantly jumped from the bed to the door, slamming it shut behind him with you in his arms.  

     Edd, Matt, and Tord came home to find you both sitting outside trembling in terror as pest control sprayed the house. Edd sighed and smacked his forehead.

    "This is the last time I leave you two home alone." Edd said. You and Tom didn't even hear him as Tom rocked you in his arms, both of you terrified and muttering comforts to one another.