"It's not babysitting, it's looking after."

DISCLAMER! I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTORS! UNCLE RICK AND JK ROWLING DO!

ok. I've got that out of my system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NICO

I woke up suddenly, and opened my eyes. "Will?" 

A lump beside me moved, and a mess of blonde hair emerged from the blankets. "Yeah?" Will checked his watch. "Nico, It's 3 in the morning."

I screwed up my face and rubbed my eyes. Typical. "My father wants me. Right now. He said he won't wait."

Will stroked my hair. "He's very impatient."

"He's a god."

"It's 3. In the morning."

"Time doesn't show well in the underworld."

Will groaned. "Okay, go ahead. See you when you get back."

I crawled over him, and went down the bunk ladder. There wasn't much room in the single bunk for the both of us, but we managed.

I pulled a jumper over my pj's and shadow travelled to my father's throne room. 

"Yes?" I said impatiently, staring at him.

"Nico, I have got a little assignment for you."

I frowned. "Seriously? Now? It's only been a couple of months since the giant war, and Will's father-"

"I am quite aware of the situation with Apollo, But he is with that boy Leo and Calypso. He is not at camp. And this assignment is not really a quest, as it has no prophecy." He interrupted rudly.

I sigh. "So what is my task?"

"You are to make sure a boy named Harry Potter survives this year." he frowned. "Well, most of the year. You can come home a couple of months early. You are not allowed to fiddle in that time."

I raised an eyebrow. "So I'm babysitting this kid."

His frown grew thicker. "It's not babysitting, it's looking after."

I was not convinced. "Okay, where will he be?"

"At a magical boarding school named Hogwarts" He said withought expression.

I smirk. "Hogwarts?"

"Hogwarts."

"What do you mean, magical?" I said, puzzled

A voice emerged from the shadows. I cursed myself for not sensing it sooner.

"Nico Di Angelo, there is a community of wizards and witches that are yet to be recognized by most half bloods."

I bow deeply to a lady who had seemed to form from the mist. "Lady Hecate." I say. "What a suprise."

She smiles at me. Today she is in the form of a pretty but forgettable auburn haired lady. "Nico, your task is to protect Harry Potter and his friends until they are ready, at the end of the year." She gave me a slight glare. "Don't you dare tell any of them if they are going to die soon."

I nod my head politely, but in my head I'm fuming. How dare she? Of course I knew better than to tell people when they are going to die. But from the look she gave me, I guessed it was pretty important for them not to know. I didn't press the matter.

"Now, You are going to enrol in your 5th year at this school. Try not to get sorted into Slytherin? It will not help Harry trust you. His group are very inquisitive." She approached me, getting up close. She opened her hand and I tried to ignore the farting weasel on her shoulder. She had a locket, black stone with a glistening ruby. "This necklace holds the learning of 4 years of Hogwarts inside. When you wear it, you will know about your classes and how to perform magic." She held out her other hand, showing a thick envelope. "Here is your school list, with everything you need to buy. Go to the bank first, and tell them who you are." She frowned. "Well, your name. Anyway, here is the address for the place you need to get to." She patted the envelope. "Everything is in here. Do not lose it. Do not fail. You will be leaving for the house in the morning." 

She smiled warmly. "Good luck Nico Di Angelo."