Katie Bell

I had decided that there was no point in going back to class; I couldn't be bothered and it would raise too many questions if I just barged in and sat down in the middle of class.

I was walking back to the Gryffindor common room, thinking everyone would be in lessons, but a fairly flustered girl banged into me. I looked around and saw it was a tall girl with short brown hair and an out-of-breath sort of look. She seemed to be a year older than Harry and the rest of the 5th years.

She smiled. "Umm... Hey, are you Nico?"

I nodded, not returning the smile.

She looked a bit uncomfortable. "Well-ah, sorry for bumping into you, but I was actually looking for you!"

I frowned. "Why?"

She looked at me carefully, as if searching for something in my face. "Well, I heard some rumours from the 5th years that you 'appeared' in the common room with an orange Camp Half-Blood top. And...I was just wondering..." She gave me a little smile. "If you go there...?"

I frowned. Then it dawned on me. "Wait- are you Katie?"

She nods excitedly. "Do you know Annabeth?"

I nod. "Very well."

She looked very excited. She suddenly thrust out a hand. "Katie Bell, daughter of Hecate."

I smile and shake her hand "Nico Di Angelo, son of Hades."

Then I frown. "Wait a sec- if you have been going to this school since you were 11, then the Hecate cabin hasn't been built yet..."

She looks surprised. "There's a Hecate cabin now? Wow. Well, I was claimed, but I ran away because there wasn't a cabin for me. Annabeth was always very kind to me, and I have been IM'ing her for the last few years. Well, I haven't IM'ed her for a while. Anyway, obviously, I couldn't tell her where I was, as my mother told me to never tell anyone until 'the son of shadows comes'. When I heard of you appearing without apparating, as if 'from the shadows', I knew she was talking about you."

I smile inwardly. This girl talked as much as Annabeth. "Well, it is good to know there is another demigod here."

I debate whether to tell her about the monster attack, but decide against it, realising that she needed to get to class and I would have plenty of time to talk to her later.

I smile, knowing that there was someone in this hell hole that understood hiding a secret that is being a demigod.