The 'Temporary' Vault

DISCLAMER DISCLAMER (NEEE NAAW NEEE NAAW): THESE CHARACTORS AND SOME PLACES ARE OWNED BY JK ROWLING AND UNCLE RICK!!!!

IF YOU DONT WANT A SPOILER ALERT, LOOK FOR THESE * *, AND SKIP UNTIL YOU SEE THEM AGIAN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ride was exhilarating, in a terrifying kind of way. We hurtled down for about 10 seconds, and then came to an abrupt stop, which almost sent me crashing  out of the cart. Beside us was a heavily armed looking door , with a large, silver 13 on it. Underneath, was a skull with angel wings. I give an amused look at the reference. The others look at me strangely. 

"What's so funny?" Hermione asked.

I give her a sideways glance. "Inside joke. You wouldn't get it." She looked like she thought she might. She seemed very clever, like Annabeth, but she probably had the same fatal flaw as her. Hubris- deadly pride.

The others still looked a little strangely, but I was used to that. The goblin and I got out, with the others following. They obviously were feeling a little bit sick from the ride. 

"Key, please." The goblin said in a high pitched tone. I gave him the key.

He put the key in, but the door wouldn't open. I frowned in confusion, but then the goblin did something unexpected. He pressed his palm against the door. Suddenly, it melted away like I did when I shadow travelled. 

Wizards are so weird.

Behind the door, twinkling, was piles of the wizard currency- knuts, sickles and galleons- up to the roof. Money and jewels took up almost every square inch of the room. 

Yeah dad. Temporary.

On the walls hung loads of weapons- daggers, swords, javelins- all made of celestial bronze, imperial gold, and other godly materials. 

"Bloody hell! Harry, I think this topps yours." I could hear Ron gasp. "Wait- are those weapons in the corner?"

I whirled around, cursing in ancient greek. I had forgotten to hide the weapons. I shrugged, and looked at him intently.

"I guess they were there before." I lied. 

I saw a small pile of two things- golden drachmas and pomegranates. I grab a handful of drachmas and put them in my pocket, then crush the pomegranate, grab the pips, and put them in my other pocket. 

"What are those seeds for?" I hear Harry speak. 

My mind whirls furiously as I think of my excuse. "They're a good luck charm." I say finally.

"Oh- okay..." 

I grab a sack, and start filling it up with the currency. Mrs Weasley comes in to help, but the second she enters the vault, a grey, roman skeleton with an imperial gold sword. She screams and backs away. The skeleton disappears as soon as her feet are out of the vault.

Gods. Thanks dad. You are soooooo helpful. (note the sarcasm)

I finish filling up the bag, and hang it on my belt, along with my sword. the others flinch a bit when I sit down with them in the cart. They all slightly edge away. This is going so well. 

What I don't understand, is why Percy didn't come instead of me? He was so much better socially, and the others would probably trust him alot more than they trust me. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. Nevermind. Back to the job. 

We head further down, and stop at two more vaults- 687 and 713- and then go back up. The others were waiting for us, and then we left Gringotts, merging with the croud.