Snake? No, it's Snape.

Authors note:

I just want to say that I was just going through the Order of the Phoenix book, and apparently Harry's timetable was this for his first day back:

History of Magic, double Potions, Divination, and double Defence against the Dark Arts. 

Because of this books story line, I am changing it a bit (it is a fanfiction, after all). It is now:

Transfiguration, double Potions, Herbology, and double Defence against the Dark Arts.

Hope that's ok. And also, Mcgonigal's class was revision from last year.

Some quotes from the Order of the Pheonix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled out my schedule again. Potions, apparently. I hoped this wouldn't be like the slop the Hecate cabin brewed up. I shivered. 

I followed the rest of the 5th year Gryffindors down to the dungeons. I felt a bit sick, heading down. It brought back bad memories. But I shook them away, and kept walking. They got to a door, and heaved it open. I followed.

Everyone got to their seats. unfortunately, I had to sit next to Hermione. She looked about as happy as I was about that.

A tall, middle aged man with light skin, longish black hair, and a hooked nose walked in. He turned to the rest of us, and sneered. I realized it was directed towards me. 

"Ah... Mr Di Angelo..." He drawled. "Our new transfer student..." He said it as if it was a terrible thing to be. I instantly disliked him.

"Yes, sir?" I replied, my face blank. 

He frowned at me. "So, Mr Di Angelo... did you learn much potions when you were at your old school?" 

"Not really," I answered truthfully. "But I know what to do."

His eyebrows knitted together. "What a... shame." Seriously, can't this guy talk a little faster? he's almost as bad as Luna. Unfortunately, I started wishing they were like Leo, talking so quickly they gave you a headache. Anything's better than slow talk. But still- wishing for more Leos? bad idea. I might jinx myself.

I nodded, and he continued talking. He kept going on and on about OWLS, which is apparently an important test that all 5th years have to undertake . I cursed the fates silently. Of all the years I could have come here, it HAD to be when they were doing tests...

He told us we were brewing the drought of living peace. It apparently calms people down. Leo needs a gallon of it. But he warned us that if we made it incorrectly, that we would put the drinker into a sometimes endless sleep. I made a mental note to give Leo some. 

"The ingredients and method-" He flicked his pointy stick... sorry, wand..."-are on the blackboard-" They appeared there (in english. Groan). "-You will find everything you need-" he waved his wand again. "-Is in the store cupboard-" The cupboard flew open, revealing boxes and jars filled with supplies."-You have an hour and a half... start." 

He approached me, scowling. He handed me a piece of paper. I looked up at him.

"These are in latin. Professor Mcgonagall translated them for you. And I would follow the steps very carefully." he whispered. "We wouldn't want any mistakes."

I look at the paper. Sure enough, it was translated to latin, but unlike the other student's, it had extra notes stating 'cheats' for the potion. I smirk.Obviously, Mcgonigal was good at potions. 

It was a very fiddly potion. Everything had to be very exact, but I struggled through it. It was very difficult to pay attention, however, when Hermione kept muttering to herself (creepily like Annabeth), Harry and Ron were whispering about some sort of sport, Neville kept whimpering at Snape's gaze, and my ADHD, which meant I noticed all of it. 

"A light silver vapour should now be rising from your potion." Snape called, when there was 10 minutes left of his class.

Once the time was up, Snape swept along the benches, checking everyone's potions. For some reason, he seemed to be leaving Harry, Ron, Hermione and my desks until last. Neville had looked terrified as Snape scoffed at the yellow mist issuing out of his cauldron. Next, he looked into Hermione and my cauldrons, and moved his gaze to Harry. I was annoyed. My potion was exactly correct. But I guessed he didn't give high praise to Hermione or me (He seemed not to like me), or even any Gryffindors. Neville had looked terrified as Snape scoffed at the yellow mist issuing out of his cauldron.

Then he got to Harry.

He trash talked the poor kid really bad. I mean, not Piper and Percy bad, but still really bad. I actually felt sorry for him. He pointed everything wrong with the potion (there was a lot), and he even stated what he did wrong. Then he made his potion disappear ("Evanesco."), and told us to fill our flagons (another british word?) with our potions. Harry got a 0. 

We even had homework- twelve inches of parchment on the properties of moonstone and it's uses, to be handed in on THURSDAY? How was this possible? Ugh- I hated this wizard school. I had never technically gone to high school, so I had no idea if this was normal. But still. ((btw I'm not American so i have no idea if you call High School High School or whatever so sorry if this is wrong.))

I hated Potions, I hated Professor Snape, and I really hated the HOMEWORK!