Chappy 11

Sorry for such a late chapter! Usually I only take like a day or two… but in my defence, it was Fajja’s day!!

Hope you like it…and btw, things are finally gunna start changing between Louis and Harold, a bit….baby steps people, baby steps!

_Niall _

That was…amazing! It had been almost a week since our first taste of the spot light, and I still can’t get over how fantastic it was. I think everyone else in the house was the same…but at least they could still concentrate, and keep their eyes from glazing over, stupid smiles from their faces.

“…okay Niall?” I think I heard something, but I wasn’t too sure, because my mind was replaying the night when thousands of faces were trained on us, One Direction, who were taking a step towards fame and glory. Simon actually looked pleased, we actually nailed the harmonizing even though when we practiced it had been a little rough still that m- “Awh, not again Niall. NIALL!”

I jumped out of my chair, standing up with my hands raised oddly. Liam, who clearly had been trying to have a conversation with me, was looking at me with an eyebrow raised, arms folded. I tried to think back to the last thing I remember talking about. No wonder I zoned out- Liam was going through how many ounces of water I would need to drink a day for the best vocal ability.

“Okay, plenty of water, got it.” I said, nodding quickly.

“Niall, we finished that topic a while ago! So you’re telling me you didn’t hear me explain to you how important it is that we all…” I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t stay focused, the boy never shut up about rules. Plus, I had other things to think about. Now that week one was over, the fear of having to perform for the first time done with, I had something new to panic about. What if we weren’t as good as I had thought?

I started chewing my nails, worried. I know that as the lucky Irishman Louis wants me to be, I can’t have these worries, but still! In the background of my thoughts, like a t.v. left on mute, I saw Liam look at me for  a while like he was waiting for a response. When he didn’t get that, he stood up and smacked me on the head on his way out the door, not that I moved.

There was only one thing that could possibly help me out with this situation.

_Zayn _

I unpacked the last bits of my stuff that I had yet to deal with, too lazy to bother (or was it just worry that we would be voted out and I would have done all that work for nothing? Which I guess is lazy also…).

In my defence, Harry still hasn’t even taken a single stitch of his clothing out of his suitcase and hung it up, and Louis…dear God Louis literally took all of his clothes the moment he got here and dumped them in one drawer, stuffing it in as much as it would and leaving the rest on the floor around it. Liam had had a mini heart attack when he stepped in the room, but tried his best to ignore it, colour coding all of his wrinkle free clothes. He had lasted precisely two hours and forty two minutes (I know because Niall and I had placed bets on how long he could go) before he had to rush upstairs and fix up Louis’ disaster.

When we had first arrived at the house, with all the other contestants of XFactor, we had all gathered in the kitchen to say hello and such, and I was so happy everyone seemed to friendly! Matt and Rebecca especially seemed like they would be easy to get along with, though Katie (weasel? wassel?) and Nicolo seemed a bit…off.

Before the first show, we had still been really tense and awkward around one another (including our own bandmates a bit), but afterwards, it was completely different. We grew more comfortable, now that everyone knew what they were up against, and we had a lot more laughs.