Chappy Twenty Six

_Harry_

The morning after the elimination night, I had just stayed upstairs in my bed, even though I hadn't slept a single iota. It was happening again. All over- and it was my fault. Now it wasn't just ruining my life, I was ruining four other boys' lives. Especially Louis'.

And yet, I was selfishly feeling self pitying, even though I deserved it, I had it coming, it was maybe even true.

One is a harsh comment by an angry person.

Two is a coincidencental use of the same adjectives.

Three is...there's no excuse I could find. Three is a pattern (A/N Quoted from Teen Wolf this week!).

*Flashback*

Anna was right, I needed to do this- I had to stop beating around the bush- I had to just go up to him, take charge, and tell him! I sighed, smiling as I walked up to the most popular guy in school, one of my best buds, and most importantly, the guy I have had a crush on since middle school.

He was hanging out with a group of his friends, laughing. I loved it when he laughed- it was the best. His green eyes would light up, and he would shake his black hair out of his eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat, and I had to shake off more jitters.

Just remember what Anna said, I kept telling myself. She was right- what was the worst that could happen? I had known him for years, and I knew he wasn't a really judgemental person. The topic of homosexuality had never come up in conversation, but I'm pretty sure he had an indifferent stand point to it. Worst that could happen is he would apologize, and say he didn't like me that way. It would hurt- a lot- but the possibilty of him saying yes, telling me he liked me too...

that fraction of hope was all I needed to get the courage to tap him on the shoulder and nod my head in the direction of an empty classroom.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked, my voice shaking more than I had wanted it to. He looked at me curiously, then back at the people he was chatting with. One of the girls smiled at me, and twirled her hair- I had no idea what she was doing, but it was weird.

"Sure! Guys, be back?" He half asked, though he didn't really wait for a response either. He followed me into the science room, whistling. "So, what's up mate?"

Now that I had his attention, I was suddenly freaking out again, half excited, half terrified.

Either way...here goes...

"We've been friends since like grade six when I sacked you in football right? We've always been buds, but, the year before high school....I sort of..." I had rushed the first part off, procrastinating the actual topic of conversation, as well as creating a nice little intro. Now though...I didn't know how to...word it right. 

"You sort of...?" He asked, chuckling. "What? You sort of hate me now? Wish you had kicked me in the nuts a little harder back when we were like eleven?" He joked. I smiled, but it was strained.

"No. I, uh, kind of.... like you...." I said, looking up for a quick second. He scrunched his eyebrows together, looking confused.

"Yeah bro...I like you too?" He said, clapping me on the shoulder. Then he turned, heading back for the door. "Listen, I got practice now, I'll catch up with you later tonight though, if that's coo-"

"No. Like, I have a crush on you." I blurted out. I didn't look up this time, and I don't think I was breathing- or that he was. I wanted to look into his green eyes but... I was worried. I was pretty sure that silence wasn't a good thing.

"Are you...joking?" He asked. I shook my head at the floor. His tone was emotionless, and I still wasn't ready to look up at his face. What was he thinking? Feeling?