Chappy Twenty Eight

Pumped up to write!! Thanks people who write amazingly nice comments!! :DD <3 <3

______________________________________________________________________

_Harry_

We pulled into the long driveway back at the XFactor house, speeding like hell a bat out of hell. God Lou made me nervouse when driving- we nearly rear-ended someone at every red light- which is why I was so glad he kept ignoring the GPS and used a lot of the backroads. That still didn't stop him from getting pulled over though, of course.

*Flashback*

I looked at the clock- 10:30, we were making amazing time, thanks to a lot of illegal moves pulled by my Loubear.

"Lou, I think maybe we can slow down a bit, yeah?" I asked nervously, looking out the window. Louis laughed, looking over at me.

"Pfft, naw we're fine- just barely over the speed limit! I've got this!" He said happily.

"Loubear, there are cops stationed out here all the time- you're a lucky guy, but eventually-"

The sentence wasn't even fully out and I heard the sirens behind us. Of course.

"Smooth." I muttered as Louis guiltily looked over at me, meekly smiling. God he was so damn cute. Still... "Uh, Lou, let me do the talking, alright?"

"No, it's fine- I've got this!" He really needed to stop saying that- if he was looking to give me some form of a confidence booster in him, it hasn't worked so far in the last five minutes, and I didn't trust it now. I loved him dearly, but Louis really wasn't that good at forming sentences that would get us out of trouble, so much as getting us into even more.

"Whoops, officer- my bad." Louis said as soon as he stood next to the man. I wanted to facepalm myself, knowing it wasn't only going to get worse.

"'Whoops'? You go 35 over the speed limit in a residential area, and 'whoops' is all you've got as an excuse?" The man, who is clealy not in the mood for Louis' shinanigans, asks rhetorically.

"Excuse? OH! I've got one of those!" Louis said. "See, we need to get home as soon as possible, because Simon Cowell is waiting to do an interview with us on live-"

"Oh save it, I'm not in the mood. License and registration. Please." He said sharply. Louis shrunk back into the car, looking around for it.He looked under the seats, on the dashboard, in all the compartments, nooks and crannies...what the hell was he doing?

"Haz! Where do I find that?" He whispered over to me. I rolled my eyes, opening the glove box where it was universally a common place to put the bloody papers. Lou reached out to take them from me, but I jerked my hand back, opening my own door and walking over to him myself- clearly Louis shouldn't handle this.

"Sorry! I couldn't find it- well, honestly, I didn't really know what I was looking for..." Louis muttered.

"How old is he? Does he even have his license?" The man asked, looking more and more annoyed.

"Yes sir, he's twenty- yeah, I know, he doesn't seem to be. I'm sorry we were going so fast, I'll make sure that we drive at a more reasonable speed." I said calmly, ignoring Louis who was in the background muttering how he was very mature looking, with a mature personality to match (yeah, okay Lou, let's not push it).

The officer looked hard at me, like he was giving me a police version of the stank eye, before going back to his car and doing whatever they do in there. He came back a few minutes later and handed us the papers- and a ticket, but I had no doubt we were getting one of those (I just had no idea how we were going to pay for it).