Chappy Twenty Four

_Liam_

I was looking around the house for Niall, who had won a bet and then skittered off, asking the other house guests if they had any clue what the hell he was up to. He seriously needed to stop doing this- tell someone before you just wander off. I often wondered what went on in his bottle blonde leprachaun head of his.  Maybe one day I would unlock the secrets of that confusingly simple mind of his...

Probably not though.

I looked out the front window once more to see if he was coming, and then just decided I was wasting my time. I went over to the kitchen to fix myself a snack. Some tea and a bit of pecan pie would work perfectly right now, to just help me relax, and unwind from everything.

Just then, I heard someone thumping down the stairs, and I wondered if Katie was pouting again because of something someone in the house said (we weren't the only ones to notice how snippy she was...). Before I could look and see however, Zayn came barreling in, white faced and brown eyes wide.

"Zayn! What the hell! You need to be quieter, people are sleeping...you all right mate?" I asked, suddenly worried for his health. He looked up at me and nodded hysterically.

"Oh yeah- it's, um, peachy! Peachy mate! PEACHY!" His voice cracked at the last word, and I swear I saw his eye twitch.

...Did I need to have him tested? Had he lost his mind somewhere down the line? Was the stress of the competition to much for the lad? 

Screw tea I needed bloody alcohol to survive the remainder of XFactor.

"You sure 'bout that?" I asked cautiously. There were knives right by him on the counter. Last thing I needed...

Just as suddenly as Zayn had come in, Louis and Harry did, their faces quite the opposite of Zayn's- red faced and eyes shining.

"Zay-oh." Harry said, stopping suddenly when he saw me. He and Tommo looked down awkwardly. What was going on...? I assessed the boys more carefully, and realized that Harry's hair was even messier than before, and his shirt was backwards. I looked over at Louis, who had much the same problem going on, except his was inside out.

Oh...dear Lord.

Judging by the looks on both their faces (and the fact that their cheeks got a lot redder in embrassment) both boys realized I had caught on, and I think I figured out why Zayn was acting clinically insane. Hell, I might've too, depending on how much the poor guy just walked in on. I coughed, crossing my arms and no doubt looking like a complete parent right now.

"Well then. Anything you think we should discuss Harry? Louis?" I asked. Harry didn't answer, and Louis started waving his hands around.

"NO-pe, I'm pretty sure it's all good!" Louis said, giving me a shaky smile. I sighed.

Several things ran through my realistic, overly careful mind. The first was- where they an item? If so, for how long?  What did this mean?

If not, than what the hell where they?

How would this affect One Direction? Certainly not very positively, but how bad would the outcome be- would it be worth it?

If it was, would we cover it up or tell people? Secrets never end well, we hide things and they get out...rumours spread...but if we say something, it could be disastrous...

And lastly- how did this happen?! Was Louis even gay? What was he doing? And what if this ended...badly? The relationship, I mean. I looked over at Louis and Harry who had looked up at one another and were smiling, trying to discreetly hold one anothers hands. I didn't mean to ruin their clearly happy moods, but these things needed to be mentioned- before anything got out of hand.