Chapter Twenty Seven

The boys were worried, you hadn't texted Jin to pick you up from work, and your shift ended three hours ago.

It was currently midnight, and all seven boys were sat in the living room awaiting your return. All seven boys were undeniably tired, but they couldn't sleep for their worry.

The sound of keys in the door alerted them that someone was here, the sense of smell alerting them that it was you. As soon as you had shut that door behind you, you felt two arms wrap around you.

"You're home." It was Jungkook. "We thought you had been hurt, or you had been kidnapped, or you had left us." With that he started to cry.

"I wouldn't leave you, any of you." You looked up and saw five boys lingering, the sixth a little behind them. Hurt and jealousy in his eyes. "I'm sorry I was late home, it was a busy night at the bar and by time I was ready to go home I didn't realise any of you would be awake."

"So you walked home?" Yoongi spat. "That's honestly the most ridiculous idea ever. You're honestly idiotic."

What had overcame the boy?

His eyes were skits and trained on you, and Jungkook tensed.

"Y/N..." Jungkook spoke lifting his tear stained face. "Stay behind me okay?" He guided you, gently, behind him. His ears twitching.

"I don't know why you took all seven of us in." Yoongi was on a rampage. "You can barely take care of one of us."

That hurt.

"Yoongi you need to calm down." Jin whispered, Taehyung, Hoseok and Jimin coming and standing around you.

"Calm down?" He laughed harshly. "How can I calm down when this bunny has tried bonding with her, and his scent is all over her?" Jungkook froze, panicking now that you had found out.

"She can't even tell when one of us are down, we do so much for her and she can't even take care of our basic needs." Yoongi continued. "She'd much rather prefer one over the other."

You stood there, with every sentence it hurt just that little bit more.

"She was too used to her parents attention that she doesn't know how to give attention to others-" He paused, looking you straight in the eye. "I should have stayed with my previous owner."

"Yoongi!" Namjoon yelled. By then the tears were rolling down your cheeks.

"No. He's right." Your voice croaked. "I'm a terrible person to help care for you all. I don't know how to do this at all. I really don't try to favour one over the other but I don't know how to spread my attention to all of you at the same time."

"Y/N, you letting us stay, with a roof over our heads, feeding us, keeping us clean, warm, and so much more is all we could ever ask for." Hoseok spoke from beside you. You shook your head.

"I'm sorry-" before anybody else could say anything you had pushed through the boys and past Yoongi, running up the stairs to your room.

Yoongi's eyes softened as you brushed against him, and only then had he realised what he had done.

He had hurt the one he loved the most.

"Yoongi." Namjoon glared.

"I already feel terrible, I don't know what came over me." He spoke, he didn't have an excuse why.

"Panthers are known for their sharp tongues." Taehyung spoke. "You're her mate, we know our boundaries. But you got jealous and protective of her. That mixed with worry caused you to snap."

Everyone looked at Taehyung. The boy, who sometimes struggled finding the right words, really knew a lot.

"I'm more observant than you think. Yoongi Hyung, you do realise that even if we all tried bonding with her. We wouldn't overstep our boundaries." Taehyung spoke.

"Why do you think I denied her invitation to go out today?" Jungkook's voice was quiet. "I knew you'd be upset by that. Sure I would have loved to spend some time with her but you're her mate and that comes first."

"Jungkook..." Yoongi frowned. He didn't know what to do, he had just hurt you, he mentioned your parents and- he sighed. Every inch of his fibre arguing against him. "Jimin, you know how to comfort her properly, right?"

Jimin perked up. Slightly afraid.

"Please, make sure she's okay. Make sure she sleeps well." He looked to the floor.

"Are you sure you don't want to go up?" Jimin asked.

"I'll leave her for tonight." He spoke quietly. "I don't want to hurt her more." And with that he retreated to his bedroom, feeling awfully guilty.

"J-Jimin?" He heard you stutter the kittens name.

"Please sleep tonight..." he heard his reply. "We can tell you're exhausted."

You must have agreed because moments later he was purring and a few moments after that your breathing fell into a rhythm once more.

Yoongi smiled at that. At least you were at peace.