Chapter Forty

Your heart pounded as you waited in the cafe, both your children asleep in the pram asleep at the side of you. You looked towards them, smiling softly. Humming gently to yourself as you blew on the cup, waiting for your drink to cool.

"Y/N?" You looked up in surprise, having not expected to see him so soon. You put your mug down on the table, smiling softly. In that moment Yoongi combusted. With the slight froth from the drink on your top lip, to the coy smile on your lips, and your eyes flooding with emotions so readily. "I'm allowed to sit, right?"

"Of course..." You whispered, body full of shock from speaking to him properly instead of just seeing him out and about. He sat down, and smiled softly and you felt your heart swell more and more as you studied the features of the man you had grown to know so well and then lost. "I understand why you didn't tell me about the court case, but-"

"I'm sorry for running away from you so many times, I wish I could've stayed about, but it would've jeopardized the court case." He whispered. "H-hey don't cry!" He lent forwards and wiped the tears away with the pads of his thumbs and you felt the sobs shake your body and he quickly got up and slid into the booth beside you before embracing you.

"I-I missed you!" You cried out into his chest, causing a low chuckle to leave him. "D-Don't to that to me again!"

"I won't, don't worry." He spoke softly, stroking your hair as he let you sob into his chest, your tears wetting your shirt.

"Mama?" Your attention was snapped away from Yoongi as you saw your little girl sat up in the pram, blinking her eyes sleepily and you swear Yoongi stopped breathing. 

"What's wrong?" You lent over, and she wiped away your tears with her gummy smile before she did her grabbing hands meaning she wanted out the pram. You unbuckled her and sat her on your lap. "Yoongi can you get me her biscuits from the bag?"

He nodded and did as you had asked, your daughter would usually snatch the biscuits out of anybodies hands since they were her favourite, but you noticed how weary she was around Yoongi and his happy smile turned discreetly into a sad one.

"It's okay, you can take the biscuits." You encouraged the child. "That's dada." 

"Dada?" She questioned quietly. Ignoring the biscuits and reaching up for his ears which twitched in anticipation. She held them gently before reaching for her own ears atop of her head. "Ears like mine." 

"Mhm, dada is like you, that's why." You smiled and she cautiously crawled onto his lap and took the pack of biscuits, tail wrapping around his middle as she struggled to open them.

"Can I?" Yoongi offered and she looked up at him with her innocent eyes, clearly contemplating whether or not to let the man help her before she nodded. He opened the pack for her, and she yelled out a thanks before taking biscuits and eating them slowly and messily. You took Yoon-So out the pram as you noticed him stirring. Yoongi smiled, watching you comfort the boy who burst into tears the moment he woke up.

"Eun-Ji can Yoon-So have some biscuits?" You asked, and she nodded taking a few and handing them to you to give to Yoon-so. Yoongi smiled, his heart racing in his chest.

He was aware of Yoon-so's weary eyes on him, but he was willing to wait until both twins warmed up to him. He knew that fate had paired him with you for many reasons, but he was glad you had, as now he had the perfect little family, and he had the perfect mate who he couldn't love anymore if he tried.