Part 5- the show

The crowds were filling in every second- until every of the 20,000 seats were filled.

Oh god.

Why was I nervous? I wasn't about to perform? Just the sheer thought of these confident guys walking out- talking about whatever they want. Making jokes of whatever. Making a mistake was pretty hard to spot as the whole thing felt so personal like you were talking to them in the most hilarious conversation you've ever had. But you also realised 20,000 other people are hearing the same exact story, imagining it just that little bit differently. So personal yet so far from personal.

The guys had their mic checks and we were all drowning in anticipation.

"Good luck guys," I gave them a group hug, and watched them go closer to the stage. I was refused entry until the show had begun.

Unnoticeable to the audience, there was almost 100 people backstage- checking the tech, clothes, makeup and travel. It was unreal. People rushing about, running from each room, the show had started and they were still busy.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

The speaker from above began to bellow.

THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. PLEASE PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR... THE TENDERLOINS!

The guys did a big high five and ran on triumphantly.

Murr first, then Joe, Sal and Q.

The crowd roared with excitement- there were clearly people screaming, some whistling really loudly and, far back, was someone shouting "Joe! Joe! Joe! Joe!" Repetitively.

"Wow, That reaction," Joe raises his arms to address the whole audience.

Another scream of cheers.

"It's unbelievable," Sal said.

"We just wanna thank you all for coming out tonight," Joe bowed, signifying the end of the show. Leaving me and many of the front row confused.

"So, there's been a couple of things going on recently," Murr began, staring at Q that entire time.

Clearing the hall to get a better view, I was now 5 feet from the stage, on the wings. I could clearly see all the emotions, expressions and hidden words from behind the microphone. The best view in the house.

"That's my fault guys," Q confessed, "I've been ill, through fault of my own. But you guys are the most lucky state yet, since we're back and BETTER THAN EVER!" Another roar of cheer from the crowd.

"So, are you going to tell the story or...?" Sal complained.

"Right... So..." Q began. I remembered about them saying they had changed the story. To be funnier? To not catch the headlines? Was it changed so it would catch the headlines?

"What happened," said Q, "was that, I was very hungry one day, and as my food arrived- all the guys were giggling."

"Uh, that could've been about anything," Sal stated, looking innocently guilty.

The audience giggled at the sheer thought of the guys having a private conversation. It was cut short by Q continuing: "Well, my food arrived and it looked fine. So I ate it... as you do!"

"But what we forgot to tell him," Joe said, pausing as he stared at each guy individually, "is that we may or may not have put some mushrooms in it."

"I'm not allergic to them or anything," Q defends himself, "but you know that old tale that you shouldn't eat mushrooms from the ground? Without having a special person to check them? Well, I learnt the hard way that eating unchecked mushrooms... can lead to being rushed to hospital."

I couldn't believe they had changed the story! Sure, the rollercoaster story wasn't as exciting, but at least it was true.

"Now," Murr said, "I am not completely to blame for this."

"Not completely," Joe said. Both turned comedically to Sal. Who, in response, shrugged.

"WHO WAS I TO KNOW!?" He yelled.

"Well, the internet told you it was dangerous... about 10 minutes before you picked them out of the ground!" Joe yelled, imitating picking up some mushrooms, gagging as he held them (like Sal would've) and then giggling as he put them in the salad.

As time in the show went on, and suddenly I realised I had stood for 45 minutes without sitting down, the guys were starting to wrap up. They were now talking about their last tour. As stated on a huge sheet of paper next to the wings.

There were 20 subjects- which the guys quickly transitioned from each. Now we were second from the bottom.

"So, this might sound weird," Sal began, shrugging over exaggeratedly, "but, in our last tour, we learnt a lot of stuff."

"Yeah," Joe agreed, "like... how you have to respect the rules of each state."

The guys stared for several seconds without movement as the crowd was yet again in hysterics.

"I haven't even told you the story!" Murr yelled to the laughing audience. "We were in Missouri last year, and it turns out they don't like people standing out on the sidewalk dancing to no music! What's a guy gotta do around here to be allowed to dance without music?"

"That's not the worst of what we've learned," Joe points out.

"Yeah," now it was Sal, "I even learned some special skills. There was some stunts being done when we were down in Las Vegas. And, you know, everyone wants to do at least one stunt in their life. So I went up to the guy filming and I said... 'do you think... I can help with these stunts?'..."

"The guy said no," Q said.

"Yeah, he did," Sal said, "but he never knew I was so good at persuading. So, anyway, I don't even need special clothes on. I was already dressed exactly like the actor. I can't even remember what film it was for! ... but there was this bit where he climbs through a moving car and jumps onto the one behind. I thought... I can do that. IT'S HARDER THAN IT LOOKS!"

"Bear in mind Sal hasn't done a single bit of exercise since School." Joe laughed.

Sal continued: "so I am now currently a movie star! I am in a film! You see the bottom half of me- my shirt and my pants- climbing from the front to the back of a car... then jumping to the next!"

Wow. It was always amazing to hear the stories I hadn't heard before about the guys.

The guys were onto the final subject.

THANKS.

The section where they tear up a little and thank the fans for their generosity and faith in the guys.

As the tears grew, I was awakened by a loud roar of cheers and applause. It was over.

From the best seat in the house, I can tell you the show would be worth every penny. The laughs, the tears at the end. The smiles on the guys faces.

Worth. Every. Penny.