Part 18

"What's the big plan then?" Sal asked as the tour bus ventured out to the highway.

"Well... in the past few weeks we've been to a theme park... then the hospital, we've seen Jaden Smith and partied all night. I don't think we can top that. But we're eventually headed to New York to perform our final show.  But that's 3 days away. But tonight we have something very exciting planned. We are special guests on a new tv show."

"No way!" The guys cheered, grabbing their drinks and clashing them together.

The ambient noise inside the bus was extremely positive which made my heart swell up. These guys have so much positivity and high hopes.

They've achieved so much. And now a guest on TV!

The skyline from the highway was a watercolor masterpiece of pink, red and blue as we approached the outer city.

"Hey, Murr," I said, discontinuing his gaze outside the window like some dramatic actor from a childhood film. "What TV show is it?"

"A new show called Philly. It's about these people in Philadelphia and me and the guys are going to play some comedians visiting. Not sure where they came up with that."

We both chuckled. I admired the guys as they sat calmly, beer (or water in Joe's case) sat firmly in their hand. The bus pulling them closer to their family every minute. Further from my friends. It was clear how far away I was from Emily and my family as we passed the state signs and listened to the guys cheer every time they spot a license plate from a new state.

Q stumbled around the moving bus towards the refrigerator, gaining a few bottles of beer. Sal threw his hands up in the air in defeat, "I can't have another, dude." So Q and Murr swallowed down two bottles, racing them down like a competition.

We had entered Pennsylvania. Clear blue skies and empty roads.

"3 hours on this bus. I'm going crazy," Sal held his head for a moment, then shoved more fruits into the blender creating a disgusting brown substance.

"Hey, Joe?" I asked, turning to him, pleading, "please, please, can I see the video you took that night?"

I don't know what's on that video. I was extremely drunk.

"I already told you, I'm saving it for the perfect moment. When you or Sal have something that I want."

I sighed and groaned, watching the traffic grow outside, but what did we do? What happened? My phone buzzed.

Emily.

Was she mad? Was she cool?

Hi. I can't believe you're almost in New York. Please don't forget about us down in Florida. At least I get to see you on the TV! You looked great :) xxx

My heart leapt with relief. She wasn't mad. I could relax now; I rested my head against the long sofa that me, Joe and Murr had squashed on, facing the same sofa that Sal and Q stretched out on. The TV was playing for background noise as the guys chatted away about jokes for their next show, how each guys character will act for the TV show and counting down the days until they see their family.

Half an hour later, we arrived. A large warehouse building with 'Studio 4' written by the large door. Some of the crew, including Pete and Rachel, and I followed the guys into the building. Inside was a reception desk, then leading into a huge open plan room, filled with sets, props, actors, lights, clothing and trees.

"Sal! Q! Murr! Joe!" A heavy make-upped woman bounded over to the guys, giving each a kiss on both cheeks. "We have so much planned for today. We need you straight into hair and makeup and change out of them dirty clothes!"