Chapter 14: How About Me?

Author's Note : this chapter is full of flashbacks to express Jin's feelings about what has happened. Enjoy reading.

Jin's POV

It's been five days, including the weekends, that I haven't seen any figure of her. Every morning that I used to see her from my window, in the flag ceremony that she's holding the mic, from the art class that she's six chairs away from me in a slanting position, up to our PE class that we're two persons apart.

We haven't met after that night that it rained. But still, my mind is like a memory card that keeps on replaying the same scene, the same emotions, the same person.

~Flashback 1~

It's almost eight o'clock, I still can't get over about Ji Min's suicidal attempt. What if the guards didn't see him? Aiish. I'm worried about my bestfriend, so to calm myself, I rode my bike, Ji Min and I used to do this when we're young. I hope he'll get well soon.

Meanwhile.. I saw college students lifting beers at ahjumma's store, eyeing a young girl near them. Is that Kae Il? I shifted my direction into theirs. I'm pretty sure it's her. I immediately got off from my bike and covered her back. I think she has this so called menstruation so that's why she's here, buying pads.

~Flashback 2~

"Thank you, classmate." She whispered. Why am I feeling something weird inside me when she's talking or even just whispering at me? But I love this. But V, he's my friend. Tssk.

I felt the wind is blowing so hard. I think it'll rain.

"Can you run?" I asked her, I didn't notice that I was looking straightly at her eyes. She's really beautiful.

"I guess you're not." I said and was shocked by my sudden move. I carried her bridal style while running. This is the best feeling ever. Me, running, while carrying the one I love under the rain. It sounds romantic but I can't still get rid of her and V's sweetness. Aish.

~Flashback 3~

Because the rain really poured quite hard, we stayed at the nearest shed and waited for the rain to stop.

"8:49 PM? Jin, I guess I can handle the rain. Thank you for tonigh~"

"Why are you leaving? You might get wet. I'll go with you then."

"Huh? No, no. I'm okay. You too, your parents will scold you if you~"

"Don't you remember that we're neighbors? Haha."

"Oh." Hearing her, I know she's hiding something. What was it? Do I need to know?

~Flashback 4~

"No problem. Are you really okay now? You're shivering. Let me guide you to your house, I'll explain it to your paren~" i said but..

"N-no! I mean, I'm okay. Y-You can go now. I'm sure your parents are waiting for you. Besides, Azul bites strangers."

"You mean the puppy?" Eventhough, her actions indeed want to tell me to get out of their lawn, my inner being wants to be with her. I even blurted out the puppy just to extend my time with her.

"H-huh? H-how did you know?"

"I've been watching you since then." What am I talking about? Stop flirting, Jin. Its no use. Remember Tae Hyung, he's a good friend.

~Flashback 5~

"Bye, Kae Il. I better leave before the rain pours again."

"Bye, Jin. Thank you for everything." She smiled at me. Did I just blushed? Pfft. I smiled back.

By the time I entered our house, I suddenly remembered my bike parked at ahjumma's store. I hope nobody stole it. I rushed there and..

.....

Too late. I found nothing. Maybe one of those drunkards stole it.

Aiish jinjaa! It rained again. I ran towards our house, soaked, shivering, sneezing. Good thing mom's still awake and prepared me a warm bath and medicine.

*****

Next morning, I found myself heating up. I can't open my eyes, my head is aching too much. I feel like dying. I tried to call my parents but I guess they're already off to work. Still, I forced my eyes to open and I saw a glass of milk and morning meals beside my bed. Mom left a letter and told me that its better if I shouldn't go to school today. After reading it, I pulled my blanket and slept again. I feel weak. However, I'm still thinking of her. Is she sick too? I got up from bed again and tried to find my phone to call her, check if she's okay.

As soon as i found my phone, I saw a message appearing on my screen. I tapped it and it says..

"Hi, Jin. This is Park Kae Il. I asked your number from Jin Hee. Are you okay? You didn't showed up in our first subject. Its bothering me knowing that you got soaked last night because of me. Sorry, Jin. I wish you a good condition."

Did my heart just skipped a beat? Don't get your hopes up, Jin. She's already taken.

I didn't replied. Knowing that she's safe, I'm satisfied.

~End of Flashbacks~

"Jin, I'm so sorry. I didn't do anything to stop her." I saw Jin Hee showed up in front of my desk. What's she talking about?

"H-huh? What are you sorry for?"

"V and Kae Il, they're officially on. Huhu. I know you like her. And I prefer you for her. Sorry, Jin." She knows? Just when? Am I being obvious?

"Uh-uhm.. It's okay." I answered. I faked a smile. I bowed at her and excuse myself. I went to the men's cr and let my tears fall. Why am I feeling like this? Why'd destiny pick me as its target? I'm not a toy. Why play me? Tssk.

I guess I need to let go of my feelings for her. I have no reason to do so anymore. She's taken. Taken by one of my closest friend.

Maybe there is someone destined for me in the near future. I just have to wait. :(

-end of chapter-

A/N: guys, who do you want to be with Kae Il? Jin or V? Or J Hope? Wahahaha. Please don't get bored. There are still twists. Rap Mon and Suga hasn't came yet. Plus, we're still in the one-fourth part of the story. Anyway, thanks for reading :)

PS: who wants to be dedicated? Comment below :)