IV: Protection

Suga opened his eyes slightly to an almost crying Jungkook. "Hey, hey, hey! What's wrong?" he asked lifting himself up carefully not wanting to wake Taehyung up. It was pretty early, their schedule would start after lunch, so they had the chance to sleep late today. Still, Kookie was up and in the verge of tears at 6:47am. "Look at this, hyung" Jungkook said placing his phone right in front of Yoongi's face. He closed his eyes a bit trying to adjust to the brightness of the screen. He read the headline and immediately understood why Kookie was so upset.

Despite their amazing success at the AMAs the night before, some people had wasted no time in bashing their presentation, their appearance and of course, them as artists. Being five years in the industry, they had learned to ignore those comments, but sometimes they did hurt. "Kookie, that's..." he started "That's not all, hyung" Jungkook interrupted him in a loud voice.

"Shh!" Suga gestured looking at Tae who seemed to not had heard anything in his slumber. "Then what's the rest?" he asked almost whispering as the younger scrolled through his phone. He passed it to Yoongi almost aggressively with a very upset expression. Suga looked at the screen and his eyes immediately widened. "What the hell?!" he mumbled reading the page. "See?!" Kookie answered with a sad tone. Even though, his image was usually one of a bad, cold hearted boy, few things managed to actually make Min Yoongi angry, this being one of them. It was one thing to bash their presentation, their music, their looks even them as people...but it was a whole different story to judge them by their ethnicity! Racism was one of those things, Suga could just not forgive.

He read the tweets and posts people have made about them and his eyebrows instantly frowned. Some of the comments went as far as physically threatening them, specially Jungkook and Jimin. He saw fans had taken matters into their hands, not in the best way, but well, those people had pretty much asked for it.

Yoongi blocked the phone and set it on the bedside table next to Tae so that Jungkook wouldn't be able to reach it. "Kookie" he said turning around to fully face him. He placed his hands in both sides of the younger's face "Don't worry about it okay? We knew this would happen even before debuting...like when people said we were committing plagiarism, remember?" he said as Kookie nodded, his eyes still a little watery. "Don't pay attention to them...and about those threats, they would never be able to reach us, we're never left unprotected...so golden rule for my golden maknae...never google yourself" Suga continued earning a tiny smile from the younger. "Thank you, Suga- hyung" he said getting closer to him. "I'd never let anything hurt you, Kookie" Yoongi said as he set his arms around the maknae again. "Ever?" Jungkook mumbled, his voice sounding sleepy again. "Never ever" Yoongi assured him as the younger settled himself to rest in the crook of Suga's neck. Suga stroked Kookie's hair until the maknae fell completely asleep again.   That was what a hyung should do, after all. Checking his clock and looking over to Tae who was still deeply asleep, he hugged Jungkook tighter and closed his eyes again.

°°°

The rest of their trip to America went by so fast, Suga felt like it had been a dream or a blur. They had attended so many meetings, done so many interviews, performed on so many shows. Of course, they had also been the target of many people's hatred and they had paid the price of fame in LA where they had been followed and 'attacked' by paparazzi. Needless to say that was a new, not really cool, experience for them.

Still, Yoongi felt happy, his career was definitely shining and he was glad to be able to share that experience with the six members. As he sat on the plane taking them home, his only thoughts were about how happy he felt and that he wanted and needed to sleep. Arriving to Korea felt almost surreal after everything they had done in the US. From here on, they'd have to do some promotions for Mnet's Awards, film some episodes for RUN BTS and do some of the final concerts of their ongoing WINGS tour. But until then, they would be allowed to have two days to rest. The second day being cut short because Mnet wanted to make a promotion with them.

It was mid afternoon when they finally reached Seoul, they walked through the people who had so kindly gathered to welcome them. "Congratulations!" "You're Korea's pride!" "Fighting!" "BTS!" were some of the phrases he was able to distinguish among the voices from the loving fans. Suga walked into the car with his eyes almost closing, hence making the trip to their dorm really short. They walked into their house with relieved and happy faces, Suga went straight to his shared bedroom and laid on his bed. Before he knew it, he had already fallen asleep.

"Suga- hyung" a voice called disrupting his slumber "Suga- hyung" the voice repeated much to Suga"s annoyance. "Wake up! Suga- hyung!" Yoongi opened his left eye to see Taehyung slowly stepping away from him. "What do you want?!" The older asked in frustration "Dinner time!" Tae said from the safe distance he had taken. Smart kid. "I'm not hungry, go away" Suga said pulling a pillow closer to his body. "But hyung..." Tae started but Suga took the pillow he had just hugged and dropped it at him, hitting his right arm. "Go away!" Suga said now raising his voice. "You received a letter from BigHit, Suga! Stop being so rude, that's why you get in trouble" V said with a hard tone, putting the pillow he had been hit with, back onto Suga's bed.

Had Taehyung just dropped honorifics with him? And had he just hit that topic they had agreed not to talk about? Taehyung. It was always Taehyung...he definitely had the talent to make him upset. He turned to look at V with an angry expression making the younger back away once again. "You know, Taehyung, if there was one of my dongsaengs, I would allow to drop honorifics with me...that certainly wouldn't be you" Suga started sitting on his bed. He saw Tae gulping but he was not going to stop "I know you'd be happy if I got kicked out of Bangtan! And you know what? A part of me would be happy too, because then I wouldn't have to see your face anymore" he finished standing up to face V who took the comment bitterly. "I hope you are out then! I really hope they kick you out!" Tae said angrily with a breaking voice as he left the room. Suga sighed realizing how badly he must've hurt Taehyung with his words, but now it was too late.

Truth to be told, he had gotten anxious from the moment he heard he had received a letter from BigHit, and Tae had done nothing but throw salt to his open wound. He had acted immature, no doubt, but everything he could think of now was that letter from BigHit.

Not long had passed when a new face entered his bedroom "Are you okay, hyung?" Jimin asked as he entered the room with Jungkook and J Hope following closely behind. "Yea" Suga answered coldly. "The letter said you are to meet with the executives next week before we go to Hong Kong for the Mnet's" Jimin explained sitting on Yoongi's bed. "Everything's going to be alright, Hyung. We will protect you" Jungkook spoke softly making Suga smile. "I can go with you, if you want" Hobi added as Kookie leaned forward giving Suga a small hug. Jimin and J Hope smiled at the gesture but the body that had just entered the room unnoticed looked at them with a blank expression.

"Taehyung- shi" Suga called upon seeing the guy standing by the door. "Yes, hyung" he answered a bit sarcastically. Yoongi stood up and headed towards him. "I'm sorry, Taehyungie. I was really unfair to you" he said earning a smile from the younger. "I'm sorry too, hyung. I love you" V said with a sweet smile immediately pulling Yoongi into a hug. Suga was not a fan of those, but he embraced Tae nevertheless. "Love you too" he admitted giving soft strokes to Tae's back. Sure the guy had a talent to make him upset, but he was still his dongsaeng and he loved him no matter what.

As V tightened his arms around his waist, Suga noticed Jimin and J Hope still wearing a comforting smile...but now, Kookie was the one looking at them with a blank expression.

•-----•-----•-----•-----•-----•-----•-----•

Hello!!

This is Palju <3
I just want to say thank you so much for reading this story! And if you are reading it, get ready cause things are about to get serious ;)

Love you all ^.^
And thank you so much!!