XXVII: Vkook

"What are you all talking about?!"

"About Suga- hyung's and Jungkook's relationship, of course!"

The seven of them became really quiet upon hearing Namjoon's words. Hoseok had his eyes wide open and his fist pressed against his mouth. He was in some sort of excited shock. Apparently too surprised to word something out. Jimin had his eyes locked on Hobi while Jin had his gaze down. After what it felt like an eterny, Tae spoke again "Excuse me" he said and with that, he abruptly left the scene with an angry pace not even bothering to look at the rest of them. 

Jungkook sighed and closed his eyes forcefully. "What was that about?" Yoongi asked him quietly but the maknae delivered no answer. "We'll continue this later" Namjoon said seeing that it was not really convenient to go on with the meeting. "No, we continue this now" Suga replied turning to look at the leader. "But just you and me" he finished walking away and signaling for Namjoon to follow him. "I'll go too" Kookie said but Yoongi grabbed him by the waist, forbidding him from walking forward. "No, you go to Taehyung. We'll talk later" Suga told him with a sweet tone. Kookie just nodded and went back into the living where the rest awaited still wearing shocked expressions.

"I didn't see that coming" Hobi commented, breaking the silence of the room. "Congratulations?" he continued, looking at a blushing Jungkook who didn't really know what to say. "Congratulations to you and Jimin as well, then" Jin said displaying a satisfactory smile that made Hoseok flinch and Jimin's cheeks turn bright red. Jungkook instantly turned to look at the embarrassed pair as Jin stood up and left the scene just like Tae had done. "Umm Jungkookie...we can explain" Hoseok said looking at the younger. "Not necessary, hyung" Kookie answered, not being able to hold back a playful smile and a little chuckle upon seeing his hyungs being so flustered.

As Jimin still tried to cover his red face with his small hands, Jungkookie got up determined to talk to Tae. Perfectly knowing that this would be hard. Jungkook was a quiet guy and just like any other silent person, his heart and his mind were deep reservoirs of secrets. This was one of the secrets he had kept carefully hidden, not telling anyone about it. Not even Yoongi, but he'd probably tell him after his talk with Tae. A year before he confessed to Suga, Jungkook had been the target of a confession himself.

It had been after a show when they had returned home very late at night, or very early in the morning, depending on how it was perceived. He had gotten in the shower and then had retired to sleep. That night, however, his slumber was interrupted by a familiar figure. Taehyung used to visit him at his room quite frequently. They would play video games, laugh, share their experiences, film some videos for Twitter or VLive and then go to sleep. It was not unusual for them to sleep together, whether at home or abroad. They were the best of friends after all.

Nevertheless, those episodes always ocurred whenever they had some free time before going to bed. So on that particular night, Jungkookie was both surprised and confused by his hyungs presence. "Are you asleep?" Tae had asked, Kookie had just moved his head from side to side indicating that he was still awake but already tired enough to succumb to sleep. Apparently, V had not really cared. He laid next to the maknae and started talking about their show. How nervous he had felt before they sang and how pained his throat was now. They laughed together as they remembered Jiminie's fall and Jin's mistake in the choreography. Thankfully, no one but J Hope had noticed. Though Hobi noticing a choreo mistake was already bad enough.

They also talked about the emotional part of their performance. How Jin had spoken so dearly to them, encouraging them to go on even when their bodies desperately asked for some rest. How their manager and Bang PD had prepared water and snacks for them after the concert and specially how the fans had cried as they thanked the public and said goodbye. They talked about how hard work could be sometimes, how much they would miss their families from time to time. V had even mentioned that he didn't know much about his own siblings.