XXVI: Family Meeting

As in most of their days, they were woken up before dawn. Yoongi had risen from bed first while Kookie seemed like he had no intentions of getting up anytime soon. "Cmon, Jungkookie. Wake up, love" Suga called moving the younger almost pushing him off the bed. The maknae just turned his body around, refusing to open his eyes. Of course Yoongi wouldn't have expected otherwise after what they had done the previous night surrounded by the sheets and under the dark safety of the night and a locked door. It was good that Jin had decided to sleep at Tae's and Namjoon's bedroom. "Wake up, Jungkookie" Yoongi called again expecting better luck this time. However, Kookie didn't even flinch. He was deeply asleep.

Yoongi sighed, a smile forming in his lips even when he knew he was the reason behind the younger's exhaustion. "Cmon, baby" he tried to wake up Jungkook by softly stroking his hair. He should've guessed that would only nurture Kookie further. Pulling the duvet to cover his bare chest, Kookie let out an soft breath and continued sleeping. Suga smiled again at how tender his boyfriend was. Still, getting a little frustrated over his failed attempts at waking Kookie up, Suga walked outside the bedroom and found none other than Seokjin. "Morning, Yoongi- shi" the elder greeted, rubbing his fist against his eye. Somehow, Jin looked as tired as Jungkook was.

"Please help me" Suga spoke looking as Jin walked into his side of bedroom. "Jungkookie won't wake up. Give me a hand please?" Yoongi continued walking back to his side of the room with Jin following closely behind. The eldest approached Jungkook and quickly set his hand on the maknae's forehead. "Let me show you...the art of waking up Jungkookie" Jin said, rubbing the palms of his hands and stretching his arms as if he was about to lift some heavy weight. He placed his hands right onto Kookie's chest and started to tickle him. It didn't even take a second for the younger to open his eyes and move around in laughter, trying to escape from Jin's mischievous hands. "Stop" Kookie said between giggles and soft laughs. "I'm awake! I'm awake!" he continued pressing his forearms against his chest to find some protection.

"*Wide awake, wide awake, wide awake?" Jin asked singing, making Jungkook laugh even more. "Up, Jungkookie. You've got like twenty minutes to get ready" Jin said, ceasing his tickle attack. Jungkookie got up and walked towards Yoongi. "Morning, hyung" he greeted before landing a sweet and fast peck to Suga's lips. "Morning, Jungkookie" the elder answered with a tiny cuckle. "I'll just pretend I didn't see that" Jin said covering his eyes, not being able to hide his reddening face. "Sorry, hyung" Kookie said laughing. "Just go get ready" Jin urged the younger, who left still wearing a wide, but very tired, smile.

Half an hour later, the driver was there to pick them up. They entered the van where a few yawns could be heard. The sun was about to rise. "Don't forget we have a meeting today at home" Namjoon said in a low tone. "Not forgetting!" Hoseok replied as they were taken into the BigHit building. Today, they had recording sessions all day for their new album. While it was probably their main task as musicians to make new songs, recording always took really long. From trials, to actually recording the final version and then correcting mistakes or adjusting their voices to what the producer wanted, whole days could be spent behind the sound proof glass of the recording studio. That is why they had been taken into the place since really early.

Namjoon, J Hope and Suga took a seat in front of the control panel as the vocal team headed into the recording space. Raps usually got recorded after the singing parts, this so that they could select which rap fitted what section of the song best, and so that they could coordinate who sang the melodics behind every rap verse, in case it was needed. The song they were recording today had been written by Suga. Naturally, he had also made the line distribution giving Jimin most of the chorus and most of the solo vocal time. It was not a particularly hard arragament, so as the singers got ready to start, Yoongi thought that this song was not going to be too hard to make.