XXIII: Jealous

The lights of the streets seemed to shine too bright. The car seemed to go too slow. The music of the radio seemed to be too loud. Everything seemed to be annoying when all Jungkook wanted was to go home and rest. This had been a very exhausting day. He had had two consecutive sessions of dance practice complimented by two hours of private vocal lessons with that aggressive teacher who had had no remorse in calling him every offense in the Korean dictionary. "Too breathy! People who sing breathy, can't really sing!" she had scolded him. He wished Suga, Jimin, Jin or V to be there with him but Jin had dance practice with Jimin and J Hope while V went to acting lessons and Suga was busy producing a debut song for a new group.

Yoongi had told him a little about that project the previous night and how excited he was about it. Jungkook had been nothing but supportive until slumber had defeated him and he had fallen asleep. Today he had woken up and he hadn't found Yoongi by his side, so probably his boyfriend had been busy working since early. Right now, everything Jungkook wanted to do was to cease the day in the comfort of Yoongi's arms but as he entered the living room, he realized his wish would have to wait as only Jimin and V awaited for his arrival. "Good evening, Jungkookie" Jimin greeted with a smile "You hungry?" the elder asked as V turned to look at him. "Yea, very!" Kookie answered taking a seat next to Tae who offered him a warm smile and continued eating.

"Here, that's my portion. You can eat it all" Jimin said setting a plate of food in front of him. "I shouldn't eat it then" Kookie spoke, pushing the plate away. "It's okay. I already ate" Jimin assured sitting across the table. Kookie reluctantly started to eat and told the guys about his very frustrating day. "Really! That teacher has no filters in her mouth" V commented upon hearing Jungkook's story. "So where are the hyungs?" Kookie asked tenderly, realizing that it was almost 10pm and none of the older members had shown up. "Jin- hyung and Hobi- hyung are practicing, I really don't know about Joonie- hyung and Suga- hyung is in his studio with the girls" Tae answered taking another bite of his dinner unaware that his answer had made the maknae flinch.

"Which girls?" Jungkook asked immediately noting Jimin's expression changing. Of course, Chimchim knew about his relationship with Yoongi, but Tae still didn't. "The girls he is producing a debut song for" V answered as Jimin served a glass of wafer for him, clearly trying to silence the younger boy. "I didn't know it was for a girl group" Kookie commented, unsure of why that fact was a little unsettling for him. "It's a group of five girls but only two are here. They had been with Suga- hyung all day, he didn't even came out to eat lunch" Tae said finally drinking the water Jimin had given him. Jungkook just twitched his eyebrow, he was new to the feeling of relationships and being in love. So while he couldn't really explain why his hands were getting sweaty and his knee moved up and down almost uncontrollably, he knew that he was feeling jealous. Very jealous.

"I'll go give him his dinner, then" Jungkook commented when he finished eating. "No, don't. The food was brought by Bang PD for the seven of us, we don't have enough food for the two girls" Jimin said calmly. "That's fine. It's late and the girls should leave, anyway" Jungkook replied getting on his feet. "Who's in charge of doing the dishes this week?" He asked as he carried his plate towards the sink. "Its Joonie- hyung's week" Tae replied from the table. "Okay, I'll come to wash these later, then. I am going to get Suga- hyung" Jungkook said stepping out of the kitchen. "How? He has been locked up in that studio all day. If you ring, he won't even answer. We tried already!" V commented making Jimin facepalm and let out a sigh in frustration.

"That's fine. I know the code" Jungkook immediately replied now feeling even more uncomfortable. "Woah! Didn't know he had told any of us his password. That's awesome" Tae spoke with a low, sad tone that didn't match his words of excitement. Kookie started to walk away when Jimin interrupted again "Jungkookie. Don't be rude" he adviced moving his hands signaling for the younger to calm down. Jungkook just turned around and walked away towards the Genius Lab. There was a voice in the back of his mind that kept telling him to listen to Jimin. Maybe he should turn back and wait for Suga to finish his work.