XXV: Revenge Pt. 2

The ticking of the clock became more and more unbearable with every second that passed.

Tick tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

He pressed his hands together, rubbing them against each other.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

He could feel his body starting to lose heat as unbearable feelings and thoughts started to invade his mind.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

He started to take deep breaths. Inhaling and exhaling. There was no reason for him to be like this.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

Don't forget to breathe!

Yoongi knew exactly what was happening, but he was too afraid to word it out. Since he started dating Jungkook, those feelings had not returned and for a short time he thought he had finally gotten rid of them but right now he was being proven wrong.

As he laid on the black sofa of his Genius Lab, his mind traveled to some time in the past. Before he fought with Namjoon, before he kissed the maknae, before the release of their *pink album, before their faces were drowned in make up, even before debut. Back in his training days, there was another trainee who was basically Suga's competition. It wasn't really a contest, but that other guy was a great rapper and a good lyricist as well. He was also in the run to be a part of BTS. However, both him and Yoongi knew that if one got in, the other would have to leave. Naturally, the day after Yoongi was presented with a contract, that guy was asked to leave. Yoongi could still remember the look of hate the boy had given him as he moved his luggage out of the dorm. Suga never heard of him again.

As destiny would have it, soon after that episode, Jin and Jungkook joined the band and with their admission, two other trainees had been let go. Unlike, Suga who had taken the departure of the trainees quite bitterly, Jungkook displayed a bright smile all the time. At first, it was a bit displeasing for Yoongi who thought that the reason behind the youngster's smile was the fact that he didn't get to meet and share a lot of time with the other two guys whose spot he had taken. However, on one of the following nights, after a day of extensive and hard training, Suga had woken up at around 4 in the morning to find a fourteen year old Jungkook crying.

At the time, nine trainees shared a single bedroom with six beds. So he stood up and walked towards the bed where the the youngest laid. He sat next to him making Kookie, or Jeongguk as he used to call him then, jump in fear. "Please be quiet" Suga had told the scared teenager "The others are sleeping. Be more considerate!" Kookie had just lifted himself up and nodded, drying the tears from his cheeks with his hand. Yoongi had had every intention to walk away, but seeing the child so broken, he had decided to stay. "Why are you crying?" He had asked, not really expecting the answer the younger gave "I'm just in a lot of pain". Of course Suga thought he meant emotionally, but when the little guy showed how badly his feet were injured, Yoongi's heart dropped.

"Those shoes you dance in, don't really fit you Jeongguk" Yoongi had stated the obvious. The fourteen year old just shrugged "I can't buy myself new ones yet" Kookie had answered. "Then why don't you low the tone a bit? Speak up when you feel tired or when something hurts" Yoongi suggested, as he silently opened one of the drawers of the room to find the first aid kit they kept in there. "I can't do that" Jungkook had answered, moving his head from side to side "I came in late and I took the spot someone else had for this group. I have to work hard to show that I deserve it" he had continued in a very low, broken voice. Yoongi had gotten suprised by those words, up until then he thought the teen didn't care at all of who had been fired so that he could get in.