XVII: Private

He had no idea how to react, how he should act or if he had to tell someone or not. Bangtan would normally address problems together, but this was way different. He could feel the beating of his heart increasing as he walked, or well, ran towards the kitchen. The adrenaline running through his veins. His hands shaked as he leaned on the main counter. What had he just seen? Had it been a product of his imagination due to tiredness? No, he was sure of what he saw, But how? Yoongi...and Jungkook? It couldn’t be possible. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. He kept repeating to himself. No need to panic. Still the image of what had been going on in Suga’s bedroom wouldn’t leave his mind. He pressed his hand against his forehead and took a deep breath. “You okay Joonie?” a voice asked making him turn around abruptly. “Jin- hyung! Y- yea, I’m fine” he lied, his voice shaky and unconvincing. “You don’t look fine” Jin replied, immediately getting closer to him.

Maybe he should tell Jin about what he had just seen, maybe him, as the oldest brother would understand more or at least help him figure out what he should do. He wanted to tell Jin, but words just wouldn’t leave his mouth. “Cmon, you need to rest” Jin said pulling the younger by the wrist. Namjoon followed unhesitantly, taking deep breaths as Jin carefully guided him towards his bedroom.

As they walked down the hallway, Jungkook exited Suga’s and Jin’s bedroom making Joon flinch, knowing what the maknae had been doing at his elder’s room. “Good night, Jin- hyung. Good night, Joonie- hyung” Kookie spoke as he passed them by, walking towards one of the bathrooms. “Night, Jungkookie” Jin answered but Namjoon remained quiet. He still couldn’t believe what he had seen and apparently both his mind and his mouth weren’t ready to talk about it.

Seokjin opened the bedroom door silently, seeing that Tae was already sleeping inside. “Good night, Joonie” Jin spoke softly as Namjoon entered the dark room. Still feeling shocked, he changed his clothes and drank water from the one the bottles they kept around. He laid down and even though it was quite late already and his day had been fairly tiring, he just couldn’t fall asleep.

He could hear soft footsteps outside his room, most likely Yoongi walking towards Jungkook’s bedroom. How shameless! He didn’t care anymore, he would confront the guy right then and there. It didn’t matter if his other brothers woke up due to the feud, they had the right to know what was going on either way! He got up and walked out of his bedroom really upset, ready to give Suga a piece of his mind. However, when he stepped out it wasn’t Suga but Jimin who he found.

“Joonie- hyung? Is something wrong?” Jimin  asked rubbing his tiny fist against his eye. “Jiminie! Uh- uh nothing!” he answered looking at his tired dongsaeng. “Okay, do you perhaps know where Suga- hyung is?” Jiminie asked “I couldn’t sleep so I went to look for him, but he isn’t in his bedroom” the sweet mochi continued looking more sleepy by the second. “Um- no! I don’t know where he is” Namjoon answered, even when he had a pretty good idea of where Yoongi could be. “Okay. Good night, hyung. Sleep tight” Jiminie finished and walked away with a tiny smile.

Namjoon walked back into his bedroom, still feeling uncomfortable. He would have to talk to Yoongi, maybe there was a decent explanation behind all of this. Maybe he had gotten confused, maybe what he saw wasn’t even what he was thinking. He tried to calm himself down, it was going to be alright. Yoongi was a reasonable person with whom an intelligent conversation could be held. He just had to ask and wait for Suga’s explanation, cause there must be one. Of course, there had to be one.

He once again tried to fall asleep, and once again he completely failed. This was getting out of hand. He knew where Yoongi was, so maybe he should go confront him now. No, no with Jungkook there. This had to be dealt between the older ones. He turned his body around again and again, his mind not allowing him to get the rest he needed. He stood up again and walked towards Tae who slept so soundly. He carefully removed the pillow the young one was hugging and placed himself in the same spot. V opened one eye at the motion letting out a soft growl. “Sorry, can’t sleep” Namjoon spoke quietly, Tae didn’t give an answer and just hugged the rapper tighter. Joon soon started to feel his eyelids getting heavier. He closed his eyes again, this time finally being able to fall asleep.

ººº

Just like previous ones, the next day had started quite early. They needed to rehearse at the venue where they’d be performing shortly. One good thing about that was the fact that they got to interact and talk with the members of other groups. Suga and Jin had spent most of their time talking to each other, but Jimin, Jungkook and V lost no time joining the other groups to chat and share a few laughs. J Hope soon joined Suga’s and Jin’s conversation, but RM seemed to be spacing out. Looking deep into nothing with his hands intertwined and pressed against his chin, Namjoon did not move an inch.

“Is Namjoon okay?” Yoongi asked looking at the lost leader. “I don’t know, I found him looking concerned last night. Maybe something about his family? Because if it were about us, he would’ve already told us” Jin commented also turning to look at Namjoon. “Taehyung told me this morning that hyung had joined him to sleep because he couldn’t fall asleep by himself” Hoseok added with a serious tone. “He’ll tell us what’s wrong when he is ready. Until then, we just have to show him our support” Jin finished getting closer to the leader who snapped out of his thoughts and smiled when Jin set an arm around his back.

After the rehearsal was done, their driver took them to BigHit building. Namjoon and Hobi were to discuss arrangements for a song with some of their producers. Normally, Suga would go too, but he was still under punishment, so he had to attend vocal training with the rest of the members. They entered the practice room, glad to see their usual vocal coach instead of the woman who was way too aggressive with them. “Welcome back, champions” the teacher greeted smiling. They vowed politely and took a seat in the tall stools set for them in front of five microphones. “Suga, the other teacher told me you have really improved your singing. May I hear it please?” The coach requested excitedly. “Sing the vocals for Butterfly, please” he continued placing his hands on the keyboard. Yoongi nooded hesitantly, he was sure he had improved, but enough to sing the notes of one of their key songs? Probably not.

The teacher started playing the chords and when it was time, he gave Suga a nod gesture indicating that he could begin. Yoongi started singing Jungkook’s part quietly, nearly audible. “Cmon, louder, you can do it” the teacher encouraged Suga as he went on. Yoongi doubted but when he turned to look right in front of him, across the piano, Jungkook met his eyes and made a cute gesture with his hand indicating him to sing a bit louder. Naturally, the maknae also took the opportunity to send him a kiss disguising it with his previous gesture, Yoongi smiled and raised his voice. He sang V’s parts up to Jimin’s and then cut the rap parts to sing Jin’s famous ‘you’ notes. He finished taking a deep breath and with a slight pain in his throat, but the applauses he received from his bandmates and his teacher were worth the effort. After a few hours of training, they were dismissed and sent to a photoshoot.

As always, the day had been exhausting. When they arrived home, they were tired but kept laughing over the the photoshoot equipment falling due to heavy wind. “I swear I was so scared” Hoseok said with a chuckle. “You are always scared, hyung” Jimin teased earning a hug from JHope. Since they had already eaten, most of the guys retired to the bathrooms or their bedrooms.

Yoongi planned on doing the same but he was stopped “Umm, Yoongi- hyung. I need to talk to you” Namjoon called making Suga turn to look at him “In private!” the leader spoke with a serious tone that made Yoongi feel quite uncomfortable. “Sure” was everything he answered as they walked towards Namjoon’s studio. This was kind of weird, Joon had never really asked him to talk in private like that. Suga got even more uncomfortable when Namjoon locked the door as soon as they entered the quiet room. He was about to say something, but Namjoon was faster to speak, making Yoongi's whole being freeze:

"What the hell is going on between you and Jungkook?"