Avengeformers Chapter 2

Everyone jolted their heads to face Nick. He slowly walked out to the edge of the building, then faced Optimus and the others. “Well if it isn’t the Autobots. I heard about you recently when you helped defend New York City, am I correct?”

Optimus walked up to the building, nearly standing at its height. “Yes. We are the Autobots from the world of Cybertron which has long since been destroyed,” Optimus replied.

“We are S.H.I.E.L.D., and we defend this world from anything unusual. Why are you here?” Nick asked. He held his hands together behind his back.

“We came to fight the Decepticons that had invaded the city. Sadly, much of it has been destroyed. But with the help of these allies, it has faced less destruction than expected,” Optimus replied. He had no problem answering the questions.

Nick sighed. “I know we can trust you, but a job like that strange thing that just popped up out of the ground should have been left to them.” He pointed down the shark-like creature that was now one giant stone.

“Hey! We were just…” Bumblebee was cut off.

“Take it down a notch Bumblebee. They know we just tried to help, but they are right. Fighting the Decepticons is our job while fighting things such as that is theirs. We should be on our way,” Optimus said. He turned and prepared to transform, but someone’s words stopped him.

“Thank you Optimus, Bumblebee, and Ratchet,” someone said. They all turned around and saw Thor. “Your help is greatly appreciated and will be remembered by the people of Atlanta.” Optimus, Bumblebee, and Ratchet nodded, then transformed and made their way out of the city.

Bruce let out a sigh of relief. He was panting. “I’m glad that’s over,” he said.

“Everyone, you are free to go,” Nick said. Natasha, Captain, and Hawkeye began walking toward the building everyone was on, and Bruce quickly followed. Tony began flying in his suit back to his house.

Agent Coulson and the others turned around and piled into the airplane. Once everyone was inside, the doors closed and the plane slowly lifted up. Then it began flying forward and through the sky. Nobody said a word on the ride back.

Tony was flying when he saw someone come up beside him, and it was none other than Thor himself. He looked over at Tony, smiling.

“Well hello again,” Thor said, holding out his hammer to fly forward.

“And you came here why?” Tony asked through his mask. He turned away and sighed.

“I guess we are going the same way,” Thor replied. Tony took in a breath to sigh, but he held it inside, debating whether to let it out as a sigh or not. He didn’t, and instead just let it out in one quick breath.

“Yeah. I guess,” Tony replied. He looked over at Thor for a moment. “So where are you headed?”

“Back to Jane. I promised her that I would return to her the moment I was done helping my friends,” Thor replied. Tony went wide eyed at the response.

“So you too left your love to help?” Tony asked. Thor nodded, and suddenly, Tony’s heart sank. He said nothing more.

“What do you mean by you left your love?” Thor asked.

“I had to go leave my wife and do this because S.H.I.E.L.D. didn’t let me have a say in it, and it was my chance to actually spend time with her. I just don’t get that kind of time anymore, and I even broke the rules to let her come,” Tony replied.

Thor was shocked for a moment, then smiled. “You must truly love her,” he said. Tony turned away… more silent than he ever was. “I know Jane and I may not get to see each other that much, but I still love her no matter how far apart from each other we are.”