O N E

Soo Emi

"I just want to help him, you know? He needs help, but he won't admit because he wants to be the strong father figure for me. It's sweet, but it still stresses me out."

I rolled around my bed as I twirled my hair around my finger. I had my phone laying somewhere with the speaker on and my girl on the other end.

"But if you did decide to get a job and help him, how will you tell him? Won't he get mad?" Jennie asks.

"I don't think I can get a good job in the first place without my father knowing that I'm working. Can you believe that? My father knows almost every company known in the city! I tried to apply for this business company and the manager ratted me out to him. Mission totally failed."

"No way. Not every company."

"I can't believe it either. He's trying so hard to get me to live my life without worrying about money, but that's all I'm worried about now."

"Can't you just let him do it?"

"I wish....but I'm so worried about him. I want him to live a relaxing life too and there he is, working his butt off 24/7."

Jennie lets out a soft, sympathetic sigh. "Whatever you think is best is what you're going to end up doing, babe, so all I can say is GOOD LUCK!"

I laughed. "True, though. Thanks."

"Alright, I gotta go. Library is opening soon. I'll see you later, alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. Alright, bye."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and relaxed on my kingsize for another minute.

It's been several months and I'm still having conflicted choices in my mind.

Even if I wanted to help my father out and get a job where it'll pay me well, where can I even find a place that will?

It's honestly impossible.

I let out a defeated sigh and stood up from my bed. I headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

* (omg, my keyboard doesn't have the little dot anymore)

*

I drove by to my favorite breakfast cafe and bought some food for myself and Namjoon.

Every Friday we would have breakfast together and have one of those deep chats that make me question humanity and our existence.

Last week, he missed it because he had to work early, so today, I hope he remembers.

He's sometimes forgetful.

I park outside his lawn and made my way up his long driveway.

I walked by his multiple cars that probably cost my entire life savings. Once, I just touched the car and I felt like I lost some money.