T W E N T Y S I X

Lucas

"SO whAt? We HOT. We yOuNG!" I sang into the microphone as I danced around the stage.

The crowd chanted my name over and over again, making my adrenaline rise.

"Yeah! We go UP! We go DOWN! We gon' turn this whole city dOWN!" I screamed even louder, the whole place vibrating under my voice. "SO WHAT?! WE HOT! WE YOUN-"

DING DONG!

"Mark, this is MY time to shine-"

DING DONG!

I suddenly rose from my bed, rubbing my eyes.

DING DONG!

What the hell? Is that the doorbell?

DING DONG!

I jumped out of bed and ran out of my room. I almost tumble down the stairs since my eyes were swirling from getting up too fast.

The cool air of my house hit my skin as I make my way to the front doors.

Who is ringing the doorbell so early?

Why did it have to interrupt my dream?!

I looked through the peephole and saw Kim freaking Seokjin standing there.

What?

I leaned back, rubbed my eyes, and looked through the peephole again.

Sh*t!

It is him!

I opened the door and only left a tiny gap for my head to peek through.

"Top of the morning to you, Mr. Kim Seokjin!" I let out a forced laugh. "What brings you by...to this part of the...world?"

He stood there with his eyebrows raised. "...I'm here to check on Soo Emi."

"Check on her?" I laughed again. "Is that...is that a part of your job?"

"No, but there's no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to."

"Hah! True. How did...How did you find out where I lived? Just wondering. I'm not trying to provoke you...or anything." My laughter died down.

"We have information on the people who has bought someone from us." Seokjin tries to look past me, but I lean back up to block his view.

"I see." I squint my eyes, hiding the fact that I just got an idea.

"May I come in?" He asks.

"Oh! Of course, of course. Let me just get changed and tell Emi to get changed too." I open the door and stepped out of the way. "I-It might take a few, but you can wait in the living room."

I guided Seokjin to the living room with a hand nervously rubbing my neck.

I watched him sit down and made sure he was distracted before sprinting up the stairs.