T H I R T Y F O U R

Soo Emi

"Um, do I take a left here?" I questioned the roads as I go down an unfamiliar street. "Or was it the next stop light?"

"See, you don't know how to get to the police station." Hoseok teases with a poke on my cheek.

"I do, but your bickering with Seokjin was distracting me and I couldn't focus!"

"Hey, he was the one that cheated on the game!"

"How does one cheat in iSpy?"

"He was saying things that were passing by in half a second!" Hoseok whined.

"Um, you guys."

"You were just too easy." Seokjin mocks with his tongue sticking out.

"Who sees a blue car wash sign that was in the street before we turned? You had me looking for a whole two minutes!"

"Quiet down, you two!" I shouted. "I will stop this car and hit both of you on the head!"

"Hey, you guys."

"Hoseok is just a sore loser." Seokjin says like a little child. "He doesn't know how to fairly play a game."

Hoseok gasps. "I wasn't the one cheating! And do you not hear him being so immature? You call me the baby when he's out here acting like the baby......butthead."

"Hello, guys!"

"Did you just call me a butthead?"

"And what if I did?"

"You guys!"

"I can flip you over right now and you'll break a lot of bones!"

"YOU GUYS!" Lucas screams from the back, his silent shell suddenly bursting open.

We all shut up.

"The black car behind us has been following us since that stop 20 minutes ago." He points behind him. "It's getting weird."

Hoseok looks out the rear view mirror. "I think you're right. Why didn't you tell us that earlier?"

Lucas squints his eyes. "No one heard me."

My heart quickens. "Ma-Maybe it's a different car? There's a lot of black cars around here."

"That car doesn't have a license plate!" Seokjin gasps. "That is definitely not a good sign."

"W-What do we do?" I stammered.

"Pull over." Hoseok suddenly orders.

"Are you crazy, Hoseok?" I trembled.

"Pull over and let's settle this with whoever those people are."

Hesitating, I pulled the car over to an empty parking lot and as expected, the car behind us did the same.

"This is terrifying." I breathed out loud.

Hoseok strokes my thigh. "It'll be ok."

I park and the car behind us does the same.

Before any of us could do anything further, two men exit their vehicle and marched to us.

Hoseok instantly reaches over and holds an arm in front of me, protecting me in some way he can in our position.

One of the men motion for us to exit the vehicle.

"They want to us to get out." Seokjin breathes.