F O U R T Y

Soo Emi

"If there's one thing my father taught me, it's that success will come one way or another. Hard work pays off. Tiring days pay off. Sleepless nights will be worth it. Long days away from home will be worth it. It's what needs to be done sometimes to be successful. To me, success seemed to be two things. Money and power. As I grew up, I learned that that wasn't true. Success can be so different to other people. It's the feeling of success that's the same. The feeling that you succeeded in life..."

Hoseok sold his mansion and bought a new and much smaller house. A regular 2-story with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a beautiful backyard, and a 2 car garage with parking space in the front.

He wanted to start a new life. A life that reflects what we wanted to reflect. We wanted to reflect stability and happiness, not money and power.

"You are where you want to be..."

It took us a few weeks to move and settle in completely. Hoseok had A LOT of stuff to give away and he decided to donate most of it.

We couldn't keep much because most of Hoseok's furniture didn't fit inside our new home. And a lot of the statues and humongous paintings that decorated his previous home wouldn't quite match with our new one.

Although we are starting from scratch, we had a lot of fun. We got to shop for our new home together and it was a small, but memorable moment for me.

Hoseok kept picking up the weirdest items and making fun of them. He picked up this golden cashew nut and gave it to me.

"If you were ever falling, don't worry, I'll cashew."

It was stupid, but the sweetest thing ever. I love him so much. He's a big dork, but he's my big dork.

"You are doing what you want to do..."

Joon may be out of my life for good, but I'll never forget him. He taught me so many things and both him and I didn't notice at the time. He also showed me a lot of things I was too close-minded to learn about.

Maybe being an assistant isn't for me. Haha. And I'm totally fine with that.

I spend a lot of my time volunteering in international and local charities. Some organizations like UNICEF, Action Against Hunger, etc.

I enjoy helping people in need and I think there's no better way to spend my time than doing that.

"You are happy with who you are..."

Hoseok wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me to his chest. He rocked me back and forth and back again.

I cried for hours.

He kisses the top of my head and rested his chin there as he continued to rock me back and forth.

I just couldn't stop crying.

He pulls me back and wipes my tears away with his thumb. He leans in and plants a kiss on my red nose.

"I love you. Every single bit of you. What you hate about yourself, I love it just as much as whatever you like about yourself. All your insecurities are what makes you the woman I choose to spend my life with. So whatever is making you sad, just know I'm all here for it and I love it."

I used to be this spoiled, little, bratty, stupid, naive, close-minded, stubborn girl and I hated it. I hated how I was because my flaws were always getting emphasized whether it's with my own actions or other people's words.

But now, I can confidently say I'm changing for the better. There are bumps in the road where I just hate every bit of myself, but Hoseok will never let me go until I feel better again.