E I G H T

Soo Emi

*

My work days are doing fine.

Seokjin isn't too bossy, but a good amount. He still respects me and treats me better than how Hoseok treated me back then.

Our work days go by normally. We simply work and chat.

Occasionally, he would scoot over and rest his head on my shoulder and check up on how I'm doing. I would reply with "I'm doing fine" and he would say "good job". It was small, but I loved it. I found it cute.

Weeks go by and I get more and more comfortable in the company. I become more familiar with the building and the other employees.

Especially that really kind receptionist, who goes by the name of Naeun.

Do I always befriend receptionists? Well, it's their job to be nice and I like nice people.

After my lunch break, I would have a nice conversation with her before going back up to Seokjin.

Turns out, Naeun is pretty new to the company too. She moved here from Busan, I could tell from her dialect, and she started working here just a couple of months before I came.

We have some connections, which made it so much easier for us to become close and talk comfortably.

Close, to the point where I told her about Hoseok and I'm glad I did because she had a similar problem.

She was married to this man, who seemed nice in the beginning of their marriage, but when he got a new job, he started treated her like trash.

It was good to connect with similar stories.

I'm really starting to enjoy it here.

I don't find it stressing at all, which intrigued me. I was expecting hard work and piling assignments and going home exhausted. Instead, I go home feeling accomplished. I do get a lot of work, but with the people around me and Seokjin supporting me, I have the strength to handle it.

I love it here.

I always look forward to the new day.

*

"Emi, someone called you." Seokjin informs when I return from the ladies room. "They called twice. It must be important."

"Who?"

"I believe the ID said 'daddy', but I didn't know if it was your actual father or..."

I smack his shoulder with a laugh. "Stop! I'm not like that!"

"I didn't know!" He teased with a squeaky laugh. "I'm just saying, though, there's no shame in being into that sort of stuff."

"Seokjin, I'm not into that!" I turned blood red and smacked him on the shoulder again.