T H I R T Y T H R E E

Soo Emi

I was abruptly awoken by a hand slapping over my mouth.

I was about to scream until I saw Hoseok putting a finger over his mouth.

"Someone's here." He whispered and looked towards the door. "We can't be loud."

My breathing sped. "W-Who?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know. Seokjin's checking, but we have to keep it completely quiet."

I nodded.

My shaking became really visible, making it obvious that I was frightened.

"Don't worry." Hoseok reaches over and caresses my head. "Nothing's going to happen to you. I won't let anything hurt you. Remember that?"

I nodded again, gripping his shirt.

A knock on the door makes me jump and Hoseok turns towards it.

I shut my eyes in fear.

The door opens and Lucas rushes in, quickly closing the door behind him.

He turns towards us, then stops in his tracks.

"Ah, were you guys doing it?" His shoulders slump. "Do you guys ever give it a rest?"

"No, Lucas, why- nevermind. What's happening down there?" Hoseok asks.

"Seokjin was just talking to his neighbors. From what I heard, it has nothing to do with us. Thankfully."

I lay down and relaxed my entire body in relief. "Thank God."

Hoseok looks down at me and smiles.

"Why are you smiling, dummy?! You scared me so hard just now! You woke me up by covering my mouth! I thought I was going to die! I thought we were in the middle of a spy mission or something!" I continuously smack his chest as I complained. "Is that funny to you?!"

"I just love you."

My fear was swept away in a second and replaced by a lovey dovey feeling in my stomach.

"Let me kiss you to make you feel less scared." He whispers and leans even closer.

"Not in front of me! Let me turn away first." Lucas whines and heads for the walk-in closet.

Hoseok quickly pecks my lips before hopping off the bed.

"Hey, Lucas, can I speak with you? Out in the hall?" He asks, pointing to the door.

Lucas runs a hand through his hair and nods. "Yeah."

I slowly sat up. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, babe. Don't worry about it." Hoseok quickly assures me before closing the door, leaving me alone.

I get up from the covers and tiptoed to the door. I press my ear against it.

"I'm alright....I guess." I barely hear Lucas say.

"It must be weird." Hoseok says back.

"It is, but I'm not even mad at him. I don't feel any hate towards him at all. The only person I hate is that bastard who bought my sister in the first place."

I frowned.

What happened?

"He will go to jail and rot there."
Hoseok replied.

"Yes, and I have Seokjin to thank for that. He is the one helping us do that. That's why I'm not angry."

It was quiet on the other side after that and I assumed them finished talking.