T H I R T Y S E V E N

Soo Emi

"Come on, baby, we'll start off with something easy and really fun!" I said excitingly as we enter the line to our first ride. "I think you'll like it!"

His lips quivered as he stared at the rollercoaster. "Y-You call this easy and fun?"

"Dude, we haven't even gone on a single ride yet. How are you sweating already?" Lucas points to Hoseok's forehead.

"It's a hot day." I defended my boyfriend with a pat on his chest. "He's been standing in the sun for a long time."

"But I've been in the sun and-"

"Lucas, let him sweat all he wants!" I quietly snapped.

The rollercoaster car speeds past us with incredible speed, making the people in there scream like crazy.

Hoseok leans back, his mouth turning into a bigger frown. "U-Uh, that's a really big...loop there."

"You won't even feel the loop, baby." I caressed his hand. "It goes by so fast, you won't even know."

"I-It goes that fa-fast?!"

"Oh, I mean-"

"I don't think I can do this. I haven't been on a rollercoaster for years! What if my head falls off because I'm not used to-"

"Hey, we're next!" Seokjin claps his hands. "Hurry, get the front seats! Those are the best seats!"

"I knew you were going to be the death of me, Kim Seokjin!" Hoseok cries out as we push him towards the entrance.

*

"See? Babe, it wasn't that bad. Wasn't that fun?" I wrapped my arm around his shaking body. "Did you like it?"

Hoseok was leaning down with his hands on his knees. He was facing the ground with his head shaking.

"H-H..." He coughs, unable to look up from the ground.

"You were barely screaming when we went down that sudden drop. I think that's improvement, Hoseok." Seokjin chuckles.

Hoseok looks up and points a shaky finger at him. "I didn't scream because I think my throat fell out when we did that sharp turn in the beginning."

"Can we go on another one?" Lucas pinches my sleeve.

"You don't have to ask me. I'm not your mom." I shrugged.

"Let's go on the next one! Let's go! Let's go! Look! That line is short! Let's go! Lucas hops up and down and sprints off to the next rollercoaster.

"Lucas! Don't run, you'll bump into someone!" I shouted and chased after him.

*

I stroked Hoseok's back as he continued to puke into the plastic bag.

"It's ok, sweetie."

BARF.

"Let it all out."

BARF.

"You'll feel better soon, baby." I sighed and looked away from him, trying to not catch the smell.

"Alright, man, we got the water." Lucas rushes over with a bottle of water in his hand.

"And I've got more bags, napkins....and some gum." Seokjin follows behind. "You're going to need it because of all your screaming."

Hoseok snatches the gum from his hand.

*

"Emi, you don't have to sit here with me. You could go with Lucas and Seokjin on that one...death trap looking ride."