S I X

Soo Emi

The "work day" ended with Seokjin and I catching up, but instead of being awkward and sad, we were actually having an amazing time with each other.

I told him more about Hoseok and I and he totally understood my reasons for wanting to split up and why I "hate" Hoseok now.

It was good to talk to someone who has also worked with Hoseok and have them agree that he has a dark side.

Seokjin does know Hoseok. They were good friends, but he talked about how they drifted away from their friendship after they got jobs at different companies.

After that, he explained to me about how he mostly spent these past years working here and supporting his father. He hasn't been able to hang out with his friends or have a real break for resting.

I'm glad I'm able to help him out and be his assistant. He'll be able to rest more now.

I also felt bad about how he hasn't been able to hang out and relax, so we made plans for next weekend to go out together.

I left the building after bidding a friendly goodbye to the kind receptionist, and drove straight to Namjoon's.

I was so happy and satisfied with how this day went, I had to thank my best friend! He did get me this job.

I ran to his door and knocked on it like a woodpecker.

As soon as Namjoon opened his front door, I jumped on him for a big bear hug.

He yelped and quickly held onto my legs before I could fall and break my butt on the cement.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I chanted at the top of my lungs and just hugged him tighter. "Thank you! Thank you!"

"Yo-You're welcome." He struggled to say.

He stood still for a second, waiting for me to get off of him, but I was too thankful to let go anytime soon.

He walks into his home and closes the door with his leg.

I hugged him harder as he continues walking.

"Guess the interview went well." I suddenly hear the voice of jerky jerk.

I immediately let go of Namjoon and turned to him.

Hoseok was sitting on the couch with a laptop in front of him. He was leaning forward with his elbows on his knees.

When our eyes met, he glared, and so did I.

I always want to question why he's here, but I should move on with the fact that Hoseok and Namjoon are good friends too.

If I'm going to be seeing Namjoon a lot, I'll be seeing Hoseok a lot....

It's just weird because before, Hoseok would NEVER go to Namjoon's when I was there, but yesterday, he just appeared out of nowhere.

Should I be surprised?

He appears OUT OF NOWHERE all the time.

I should be used to it now.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

"The interview went amazing, for your information." I sassed and wrapped my arms around Namjoon's arm. "Thanks to you! Thank you for giving me this opportunity."

Namjoon rubs his neck. "You're welcome."

"So, you got the job." Hoseok leaned back and put his hands behind his head. "What position?"

I placed my hands in my hips. "I am Seokjin's assistant."

His eyes widened. "Assistant? For Seokjin?"

"Yes, but he said he'll teach me and soon, they'll be able to promote me." I bragged with too much pride.

"Hmph." His jaw tightened. "That'll take years. Do you have the time for that?"

I scoffed. "You know what, you jerk ass face-"

"Anyways!" Namjoon butted in before I could put Hoseok on blast. "Emi, we're happy you got the job. You deserve it."

I scowled at Hoseok as I cross my arms. "I do deserve it."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He stands up and fixes his black tee, flashing a quick view of his lower stomach.

I quickly looked away, keeping a dirty look on my face.

Sometimes, I just wished he would stub his toe on Namjoon's table and then fall face-first on a million LEGO's.

"Namjoon, come here." I heard Hoseok whisper to Namjoon.

I watched them leave the living room and into the kitchen.

Being my nosy self, I hid behind the wall to listen in.

"You really think it's best to just not tell her?" Hoseok whispered, keeping his voice rough, but still quiet.

I furrowed my brows.

"Have you tried telling her?" Namjoon asked.

"Of course. I tried telling her this morning at the library and she just took it the wrong way, thinking I was jealous or something."

"She won't listen to you?"

"No, Namjoon. She absolutely....hates me."

The way he paused before saying "hate" made me frown.

It's true...but why did it make me kind of sad to hear it out loud and from his mouth?

"She seemed so genuinely excited for this job, Hoseok. We don't want to ruin it for her just because of some rumor that's been spreading around." Namjoon says, making Hoseok sigh.

"But, what if it's true?"

I bit back my tongue. I wanted to ask, but I wanted to hear what else they were going to whisper about.

I'll just wait.

"If it is, Emi will find out. She's not stupid."

"But, she is naive, Namjoon. You know that."

I took a closer look at Namjoon and he was looking down in deep thought.

They both looked really conflicted.

"I trust Seokjin." Namjoon finally says after a tense pause. "He said the rumor was false and I will believe him."

Hoseok huffed. "I don't."

"He was once your friend, Hoseok. I know you don't trust him now, but trust me...and Emi."

"Fine. I'll let it go."

"Thanks, bro."

"Yeah."

They turned back and I almost fly to the couch, trying to make it seem like I didn't eavesdrop on that entire (sketchy) conversation.

I just realized...that was similar to the "secret" conversation they had before.

I'm so curious.

Should I ask them?

But I don't want them to think I was being nosy. They'll stop being sketchy around me and I won't be able to ease drop anymore.

I'm weird.

But, proudly.

I'll just ask Seokjin about this "rumor" when we hang out.

Namjoon and Hoseok both walk in with the same conflicted expression on their faces.

"Hey, y'all." I chirped, happier than I intended. "What was that all about? Hmm?"

Hoseok looked to Namjoon and he shook his head.

"Nothing." He coughed and sat down on the couch. "It wasn't anything."

Ok.

Even if I wasn't eavesdropping on them, I would still think they're sketchy.