T H I R T Y

Soo Emi

"Stay here and I'll be back out in a minute." I told Seokjin as I head for the office door. "I'll tell them myself."

"You think they'll be ok with it?"

"No, but what choice did you give us?" My tone was sharper than intended.

He pressed his lips together and turned towards the floor. I sensed some sadness with his expression before he hid it.

Sometimes, I don't know how to feel for him. Should I feel bad? Then again, it makes way more sense to hate his entire existence right now. It's confusing either way. His "emotions" don't match with his choice of actions.

I took a deep breath before entering the office again.

Lucas and Hoseok were standing far from the door, behind the desk. They seemed to be quietly chatting.

The air in here felt thicker than when we first came. There was strong tension hanging in the air.

My heart tensed.

Their eyes immediately fall on me when I walk in. Hoseok got off the desk he was leaning on and Lucas took his hands out of his pockets.

"You guys weren't listening in on us?" I closed the door behind me. "That's surprising."

"We trust you." Hoseok says. "So, what happened? What was the deal? What did Seokjin say?"

I swallowed hard before answering.

How are they going to react?

How is Hoseok going to react?

"The deal was.......the deal.....It's going to help us a lot with saving the girls and p-putting Seokjin...'s father in jail." I struggled to speak with confidence.

"That's good! Yeah, man!" Lucas clapped his hands with joy and relief radiating from his smile.

Hoseok didn't change his sour expression, though. He didn't budge at all.

I could barely maintain eye contact with him. I kept switching from him to Lucas to the desk in front of them.

Why do I feel so guilty?

"Seokjin's going to help us." I blurt out. "He-He's going to give us the information we need to put his father in jail and save everyone."

"Alright! We did it! Up top!" Lucas holds up his hand for Hoseok to high five, but Hoseok was too busy staring me down to notice.

"Just the dad? What else is there?" He nearly growled his words.

I held my sweaty hands together. "What he gets in return is....innocence. You guys make Seokjin sound innocent, so he doesn't go to jail too....."

Hoseok narrowed his eyes. "Of course."

Lucas didn't seem bothered anymore. He just kept getting happier and happier.

"What else?" Hoseok urges, his tone getting more and more commanding.

I look at him straight in the eyes and then it hit me.

How am I going to just tell him that I'm leaving again?

He worked so hard to get me back into his life....and here I am...about to leave him again. Again and again.