The Girl

All they did was hang from the scaffold, rocking slightly and hair waving a little. They said nothing but smiled a little.

Ed watched the stranger, he squinted his eyes trying to figure out who they were. "You're that person who has been following us around all day, aren't you?" he said with a frown.

The stranger just hung there, saying nothing. "We don't have time for this, lets go Al." he ordered.

Al rushed behind Ed to catch up with him. Ed squeezed passed the stranger as it was a tight alley. As they walked away the stranger turned round slowly and said, "Aren't you forgetting something?"

Ed and Al turned round to see the stranger holding up his state alchemist pocket watch. Ed was shocked and looked to the right of his leg to see that his pocket watch was missing. "You. Give that back!" he exclaimed pointing at them. He charged for the stranger but just before he could grab hold of them, they pulled themself up the rope. They untied the rope, stuffed it in their pocket and sprung onto another scaffold.

Ed stopped suddenly, losing his balance a little. He pushed himself towards the direction of the stranger and Al joined him.The stranger was too quick for them, Ed stopped and placed his right hand on Al to make him stop.

Ed clapped his hands and placed them on the floor. Light arose from his hands and climbed towards the stranger. A long strip of stone from the wall crossed the path of the stranger and they ran into it. They didn't expect it and they hit it will full force, head first.

The were knocked back and fell onto the ground. They chambered up and rubbed their nose to try and get it fixed.

Ed ran to them, clapping his hands as he did so. The stranger began to run away again but the light from Ed made it's way in front of them. A huge wall formed in front of them and blocked their path.They stopped suddenly and looked behind them, Ed and Al were running towards them, there was no escape.

They pulled out a stick of chalk and drew a transmutation circle on the wall. They placed their hands on the circle and a light arose from the circle.

Suddenly, someone emerged from another alleyway that was connected to the one they were all running down. It was the stranger.

"Brother!" Shouted Al. Ed turned to face him and saw the stranger.

"What?" he shouted. He looked back at the stranger at the wall and they suddenly disappeared, leaving no transmutation circle. The stanger did not know that Al was there and ran straight into him. They were pushed back and looked up at Al.

"There's no where to run." Al said looking down at them.

Ed approached the stranger and said, "Just give it back."

The stranger turned to face Ed calmly and replied,  "Ok, you got me" they held up their hands to surrender, "But I have one question..." they reached into their pocket and held up two pocket watches, "Which one is yours?"

Ed looked startled for a moment and then gave the stranger a sinister smile, "You're the Clockwork alchemist."

Clockwork threw Ed his pocket watch and replied, "I hear you need somewhere to stay the night. Follow me." Clockwork walked passed Ed and signaled for them to follow.

*****

They finally got to a dark house at the end of a street. Clockwork opened the door. "Ladies first." he said, giving them a mischievous smile from under their bandana. The brothers reluctently went in and looked around.

It was dark but there was just enough light to see. There were tables covered in nuts, bolts and gears. The place was a tip but still seemed a little homely. There were two sofas with a rectangular table in the centre of the living room, the two sofas were facing each other making it easier to talk to one another.

"Make yourselves at home. I need to change." said Clockwork while pointing to one of the sofas and wandering into another room. Ed sat down cautiously and Al sat to the right of him.

A few minutes passed and a girl soon came through the door that Clockwork went in. She had short, brown hair, brown eyes and she was dressed in a black top and dark brown trousers, her shoes were average-looking, nothing special. "Tea?" she asked.

The brothers looked at her in surprise, "You... you're the girl who stole my biscuit!" exclaimed Ed pointing his finger at her.

She looked up at him as she sat down and smiled,  "What, this biscuit?" she asked while holding up a chocolate rectangular biscuit. She smiled more and placed it in her mouth, she crunched and swallowed, "Mmm, I can see why you wanted this biscuit."

Ed lowered his finger and sighed."So, are you like Clockwork's girlfriend or something?" he asked.

The girl stopped smiling and a frown appeared on her face, "What, no!" she exclaimed. "I am the Clockwork alchemist!"