Do I know you? (final)

Al and Toki vanished as they left the past and returned to the present. They were stood in the middle of central. Al stood there, looking at Toki. "Ed, my brother. Surely you remember him." he explained. Toki looked back at him blankly.

"Stop messing with me, I don't know anyone called Ed." exclaimed Toki, starting to get annoyed with Al.

Al grabbed hold of Toki's hand and pulled her down the street. "I'll show you who he is." he explained, dragging her as quick as he could.

*****

Al had gotten Toki to the entrence to Glacia's home, "You remember this, don't you?" he asked, pointing to the house.

Toki nodded, "Yeah I remember this, why wouldn't I?" she asked.

Al thought for a moment. "If you remember this then surely you would remember Ed!" he exclaimed, pointing at the door. Toki had her arms crossed and was becoming more and more angry with Al.

Suddenly, the door swung open, "Al...? Toki...?" asked the voice. Toki followed the voice to find a short boy with blonde, braided hair.

"Brother!" shouted Al in happiness. He rushed towards his brother and picked him up in his arms. The both of them smiled at each other.

"I'm glad to see you too, Al." smiled Ed. When Al put him down he looked at Toki and opened his arms as he gave her a gentle smile. "It's good to see you too." he walked forward and shut his eyes, expecting to embrace her.

Suddenly, he felt a strong force on his chest. He looked down to see Toki's hand pushing him away. "Who are you?" she asked in a confused tone.

Ed's smile quickly turned into distress. "What do you mean? I'm Ed, Edward Eric." he explained, lowering his arms.

"So you're that 'Ed' guy are you?" she asked, folding her arms.

Ed started to laugh nervously as if it was just a cruel joke, "Toki, stop messing with me. You know I'm Ed, you said you loved me and I said I love you!"

Toki unfolded her arms and squinted at him, "You think I would love you? You creep!" she exclaimed, "I'm leaving, sorry Al but he's creeping me out." Toki was just walking away as Winry walked to the door to see what was happening.

Ed had his mouth slightly open, thinking carefully. Suddenly, his eyes gave away a signal of realisation. "Wait! Toki!" he shouted as he grabbed her arm. "I know why you don't remember me... You went back 24 hours, you must have forgotten me... Please, trust me."

Toki looked at him angrily, showing that she didn't believe a word he was saying. She ignored his plead and yanked her arm out of his grasp.

Ed was pulled to his knees, "Toki, please! You have to believe me!" he shouted as she ran down the street. Winry and Al ran to his side. Winry was about to run after Toki but Ed grabbed her hand. "It's no use, she wont believe me." he declaired as a tear formed in his eye.

She was about to say something and opened her mouth a little, she soon closed it again as she knew she couldn't do anything to help, she watched Toki disappear down the street as she ran away.

*****

There was an awkward silence in the house. All that could be heard was the tick tock of a grandfather clock. Wimry and Al sat opposite Ed and Glacia while Elicia stood next to Winry.

Elicia tugged at Winry's sleeve to get her attention. "Where's the clock girl? Did she dump Edward?" she asked innocently.

Winry looked at Ed to see if he would react, he only lowered his head a little more. "Kind of... Elicia, lets go to your room." she replied, taking Elicia to her room.

Ed stood up Suddenly and walked to the door of the house, "Thank you for having us, Glacia." he rushed. He held the door wide and exited, rushing off in the distance, shortly followed by Al. Al bowed before he left to show his respect before shutting the door and following Ed.

Al caught up with Ed and mathed the pace at which he was walking. Ed had his hands in his pockets and his back slouched.

"That was rude, brother. I know you're upset about Toki but there was no need to do that." complained Al.

Ed straightened his back and half smiled, "Sorry about that. I was thinking and I had an idea." Both of them stopped and faced each other, Ed took out one of his hands from his pocket and held up a large stack of papers binded together.

"Huh? Toki's research on the philosopher's stone?" asked Al.

Ed shook his head, "No, while Toki was gone, I had a look at some of her research we took from her place. I managed to figure out a few things." he explained.

"Like what?" asked Al.

Ed's smile grew a little more, "I know how to go back in time..."