Riverhaven

The three of them waited for the other to say something.

"I guess we'll have to make our way to Central in the morning." suggested Clockwork. The brothers agreed and after a small argument, Clockwork got them to sleep on the sofas for the night.

*****

It was 5:00 am, Clockwork rushed out of her room and shook the brothers awake, "C'mon you two! Let's go." she ordered, already dressed and ready to leave. She threw a small loaf of bread to Ed, "There's your breakfast, eat up."

Ed was woken up not by Clockwork, but by the bread hitting him on the forehead. "Whoa... Hey, you almost gave me a heart attack." he complained, sitting up and rubbing his head.

Al sat up and helped Ed pack and get dressed. Ed stumbled to his feet and started to dress, yawning every now and then. Clockwork was speeding around the house looking for things to do while she waited for Ed and Al.

*****

It took them a while, but the brothers soon finished packing and followed Clockwork out of the house. She was dressed in her wolfhide clothes like the night before, and still wore the bandana over her mouth and nose.

They walked out the city gates and Clockwork began to lead the way.

"Wait, shouldn't we take the train or something? It's a lot quicker." explained Ed.

Clockwork stopped and faced Ed, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, Endpool doesn't have a train station so we have to go to the next nearest City." She said, turning back and walking on.

"And where might that be, may I ask?" asked Ed cheekily.

"Riverhaven." answered Clockwork.

The brothers stopped, a smile formed on Ed's face, "Riverhaven?" he asked excitedly. Clockwork nodded but kept walking.

"Brother, that's where Maiha and Harumi live!" explained Al. He looked at Ed's smile and continued, "Can we go and visit them?"

"Well, if it's ok with Clockwork..." answered Ed, making it obvious that he wanted to go too.

Clockwork stopped and looked quite unhappy, "Maiha and Harumi? You really want to go and see those two?" she asked sarcasticly.

"Well yeah, they are our friends after all." Ed explained angrily. He then added, "They're better friends than you."

Clockwork slowly turned to face Ed, mouth half open in disgust. "Well I'm sorry I'm not all lovely and girly like those two!" she exclaimed, making girly gestures. Ed frowned and looked down slightly. Clockwork rolled her eyes and faced back away from the brothers.

There was an awkward silence, then Al broke it, "Please Clockwork, I really want to see Maiha again." he pleaded and sighed.

Clockwork sighed back, "Ok, fine. I guess I can't say no to you." she looked straight and carried on walking. The brothers walked behind her, feeling sorry for themselves.

*****

"She is seriously pissing me of now, first she steals my watch, then she starts talking bad about our friends. And just look at her, with her bandana." Ed whispered to Al, pointing towards her, he then continued, " 'Oooohhhh, look at meee. I'm a girl dressed to look like a boy.' " Ed mocked, flailing his arms about and talking in a high pitched voice. " 'I look so mysterious and attracti--' " Ed paused mid sentance. He hoped that Al didn't hear him, "Um... Well you know what I mean." he said, folding his arms and shutting his eyes.

A voice appeared in front of him, "Yes, I know what you mean."

Ed opened his eyes and saw a very angry looking Clockwork standing in front of him. "Woah!" he shouted, jumping back a little. Clockwork turned back angrily and walked on.

Ed frowned a little more and shouted, "Why are you so angry and short tempered?!"

Clockwork stopped and faced them, " Do you really want to know?" she asked, laughing a little. Ed nodded and then she continued, "I'm... I'm on." she said.

"On what?" asked Ed.

"No, I'm on!" she repeated.

Ed was completely confused. Al had realised and his head went back a little.

"Errm... Brother..." Al said, tapping Ed on the shoulder. He leaned down and whispered something in his ear. Ed's eyes widened and his mouth opened slowly.

Ed shouted a little, "Uuurrrrrhhhh. I really didn't need to know that." he said, waving his arms around.

Clockwork smiled, feeling proud about herself, "Well, you wanted to know didn't you."

*****

They got to the gates of Riverhaven and headed for Maiha and Harumi's house. Al was the first to get to the door and knock... There was no answer. They stood by the door, Al very nervous, Ed worried and Clockwork with her arms crossed.

"Hmm, Where could they be?" asked Al. Ed shrugged his shoulders and looked around the corner. A man was walking passed so he decided to ask him.

"Excuse me, sir. Do you know where Maiha and Harumi are."

The man stopped and looked at Ed with suprise, "Hahahaha, Those two haven't been here for weeks! No one knows where they are." laughed the man.

"Huh, no one?" asked Al.

"Well I suppose their father, Katashi might know. Although he's in prison at the moment."