Broken

The man walked off, chucking to himself. The three of them stood in a triangle facing one another.

"What do we do now?" asked Ed, srugging his shoulders.

"We go down to the prison and we ask their farther where they might be!" ordered Clockwork.

"Are you kidding! Katashi is in prison for a reason, he's insane!" exclaimed Al, getting worked up.

"Oh no" chuckled Clockwork, "We're not gonna just give up like that! You guys were the ones who dragged me down here, we could be on the train to Central right now!" she exclaimed. "You two are going to the prison, you're going to talk to Takashi, and you're going to ask where they are." she ordered as she counted on her fingers.

"Katashi..." Ed corrected.

"Whatever!" she shouted.

*****

They stood outside the prison entrance, the brothers hiding behind Clockwork a little.

"Hm, if you're not going to go in first, then I will." exclaimed Clockwork as she leaded the way. The brothers found the courage to follow her, slowly.

They got to the front desk and were met by a receptionist at a table.

"Excuse me, madam. We've come to pay a visit to Takash-- erm, Katashi." Clockwork said to the woman at the front, shaking her head as she said the wrong name and leaning on the desk with one arm.

"Do you have an appointment?" the woman asked.

Clockwork was about to say something as Ed butted in, "No we don't,  but we are State Alchemists." he held up his pocket watch in one hand and had a big grin on his face.

"I'm sorry, sir but you still need an appointment, State Alchemist or not." the woman replied rudely. The grin disappeared from Ed's face.

"Look madam. We are here for official business, Katashi must be questioned, it's a matrer between life and death." explained Clockwork. The woman was not buying it at all, but then she continued, "Unless you want to be responsible for a murder?"

A frown appeared on the womans face and she wriggled in her seat uncomfortably. "Oh... Ok. But only because it's official business." she said, giving in. "He's in cell no. 79."

They smiled as they walked up the stairs.

*****

They got to the top of the staircase, Al and Clockwork fine, and Ed almost about to collapse.

"How... many... stairs!" he exclaimed,  beathing heavily and looking down.

They were met by tall a man guarding the cell block. "Which room?" he asked in a deep, impolite voice.

"79 please." ansered Al.

"Please place all weapons in the box here." he stated. Ed and Al looked at Clockwork.

She roled her eyes and pulled out two knives from her pockets, a dagger from a hidden pocket in her shoe and placed them in the box. The brothers still had their eyes on her. She rolled her eyes a little more and took out a rope, a pistol and a penknife from her sleeve.

They still looked at her. "What? That's all of it!" she said angrily.

The guard turned around and ducked under the door to pass through. The others followed, reluctantly.

As they walked through the corridor, there were many unpleasant noises that managed to make their way through the 4 inch thick cell doors. They kept walking, trying their best to ignore the sounds. They got towards the end of the corridor and there was a cell that had the number '79' written above it.

As they aproached the door the unpleasant sounds were slowly fading, being replaced by humming. It was coming from cell 79.

The guard stopped, but the others carried on. As they aproached, the prisoner began laughing slowly. "Hahaha. Is that an alchemist I hear?" they asked in an insane tone. "Have my daughters come to visit their old man?"

"No, we have." answered Al, stepping ino the light.

Katashi smiled, "Good, I have nothing to do with those two anymore."

Ed frowned and began to talk, "Katashi, do you have any idea where your daughters could be?" he asked.

Katashi frowned back and stood up, "Last I heard, Maiha lost her leg!" he exclaimed.

Al gasped, "What! How?" he asked franticly.

Katashi gave Al a sinister grin but said nothing. Clockwork could see that Al was in distress.

"Katashi, just tell us where they went. Please." she asked politely, gripping the bars with her hands.

Katashi looked at her with his insane eyes, he spotted the pocket watches that Ed and Clockwork had. "You two... you're alchemist." he sprinted to Clockwork and grabbed her left arm. "I hate alchemists!" he shouted. He pulled her arm violently.

"Hey, get off her!" shouted Ed, pulling her back. The guard came rushing in and pulled her away, unfortunately they all pulled too much and her auto-mail arm was pulled off. Bolts, gears and shards of metal scattered everywhere.

Katashi fell backwards and fell on the floor. "Hahaha, your arm fell off!" he laughed.

Ed frowned at him, he clapped his hands and placed them on the ground. As the light arose, a large length of concrete formed from the ground and knocked the auto-mail out of Katashi's hand. Al was just close enough to catch it. Katashi just laughed at the situation.

"That's the most fun I've had sinse I got into this place, just for that I will tell you where they went." Katashi explained.

They moved forward to listen, but Clockwork stayed at a distance.

"I heard that they went to a place called Resembool to get Maiha an auto-mail leg."