(Final) Chapter 60 - Towards our Future

My final checkup concludes and I was safely discharged.

On the way back to everyone, Raika reports that she accepted the nurse training.

We return to the Famille' in a congratulatory atmosphere.

"Mina, glad you're still alive?" said Miyoko with a huge smile on her face.

"Y-yeah thanks! (asshole)" 

"For quite some time i really wasn't sure what would happen..." said Ms.Mikahara with a worried smile on her lips.

"I'm glad you came home safely, and Raika too!" said Reimako sincerely. 

"Raika can finally redo her nurse training now." said Yomiko smiling.

"Y-yeah." responded Raika with a shy awkward smile on her face.

"But for the hospital director to come to you with the offer is amazing! That's our Raika." proudly said Ms.Mikahara.

"I'm cheering for you Raika, hope you stick with it," said Kasumi.

"Thanks, everyone!" responded Raika.

Everyone surrounds me and Raika with their gleeful smiles.

Hearing everyone's thoughts and high hopes for Raika makes my heart bulging with joy.

"Alright! this calls for a celebration!" said Miyoko raising her hands

"Way ahead of you Miyoko i've cooked up a storm while you guys were out." replied Reimako.

"That's our Reimako! said Ms. Mikahara.

"Come one you guys let's head to the kitchen." called out Yomiko while looking at Raika and me.

"Let's go on ahead, let's give them some time." said Kasumi giggling while pushing Yomiko into the kitchen.

When...

"Hey, hey ... Mina."

"Hmn?"

Raika whispered cheeks flushed with a smile.

"When I become a nurse..."

"W-Will you keep that promise to me?"

"Oh!" recalling the promise i made, turns my face red as well...

"O-of course, I will!"

"Then, I'd expect you to fulfill it!" Raika said with a smile i would love to protect.

"Yeah!" whoa! my heart is really beating like crazy right now.

As soon as we walk into the kitchen, the Famille' member compares our faces in wonder...

"Is something wrong? Both of your faces are red..." asked Ms.Mikahara.

"Teehee the truth is, see, Mina will give me a reward when i finally became a nurse." giggled Raika.

"Ohoh...What is it? Your reward." grinned Miyoko.

"Eheh...about that.." 

as Raika announced my promise is no surprised that everyone would be awed by it, and by everyone's reaction to it, i can't be helped but feel slightly embarrassed.

"Uhhhhheeeehh R-Really?" said Miyoko.

I smiled wryly at everyone's mixed reaction.

"W-wow..." said Reimako wide-eyed and covering her awed mouth with her palms.