Secret Story 10 - Shoving Down

~~One day

Today, as i show up at the hospital again to visit Mina...

"Ms.Ikagami."

"Oh..."

Who comes running up with a smile...is the nurse who's doing a regular checkup for Mina.

"Good afternoon, Visiting Mr.Kitagami again, today?"

"Yes...Umm, how is it? Mina's injury..."

"Oh his recovery is outstanding when we check up on his x-ray his bones already healed it's kinda amazing..."

"Y-yeah that's amazing indeed."

"Anyway, thanks for always."

"Lending your hand with the checkup really helped me out."

"Are you a doctor Ms.Ikagami you seem to have full knowledge on what you're doing?"

"Oh no, i do have some nurse training but..."

Immediately the nurse interrupted her.

"Oh! so you are a nurse."

I smiled awkwardly, somehow ...getting this much praise is a little embarrassing.

"I have a bit of nurse training, so i'm used to these kinds of jobs."

"Huh? Training? You've just been training to be a nurse? That's surprising all of us here assumed you're a doctor."

"Oh! You're exaggerating."

Without thinking, i said it out loud.

The nurse draws near me, looking happy.

"By chance, Ms.Ikagami...Are you aiming to be a nurse?

"Well, i uh..."

"Have you already chosen a hospital? If you'd like, you could train here with us, i'm sure everyone is going to look forward to it."

"N-no..."

Interrupting in a panic, i murmur quitely.

"...I've..."

"Think about it..." 

(It feels kinda rude to just shot them down right on the spot since they'd be expecting a lot from me.)

"Of course, i bet you already got a lot of job offers but consider us as a choice okay?"

"I-I will, thanks."

"No thank you, well i'll have to go now, i bet Mr.Kitagami is eagerly waiting for you at his room."

"Thanks again."

And the nurse walks out with a smile on her face and continues her roving duties.

I can't really say to them I've already stopped with my training and already given up my dream to be a nurse.

I...have no right to be a nurse, since i've already hurt the person i should really be taking care off.

"I'm not suited for it."