Chapter 4

You take a deep breath as you followed a teacher who currently walking you to your class. Your heart beat faster than it normally would. Today is your first day in your new school, Karasuno. Your father transferred you there because it was close to your new house and there was at least one person you knew.

Once you and the teacher stepped into the classroom, everybody falls silent. You scanned the classroom to find your childhood friend, Ryu (his mom is an old friend of the principal and she asked him to put you in the same class with her son) but you can't find him and started to doubt that you were in the right class. Well, that's what you thought until the teacher looked irritated and grabbed a whiteboard eraser and throw it harshly across the room.

"TANAKA! STOP SLEEPING IN CLASS!" she yelled. The eraser landed on someone's head and make a loud thud.

The poor boy jolt awake and screamed like a girl, "It was the pig!".

The class broke down into a laughter while Tanaka looked lost, "what?"

You have to slap your mouth to stop yourself from laughing. His reddened eyes scanned the room and blushed when he realized he fell asleep and screaming in the middle of the class.

"What did the pig do Tanaka?" one of the boys taunted him and the class's laugh got louder.

"Shut up! You wanna fight huh!?" he tilted his chin upward and send a murderous glare to his classmate.

"Enough!" the teacher interfered while banging her hand against the whiteboard. The class goes silent again and their attention is back to the teacher. She then announced you as a new student that will be a member of this class from now on and she hoped everyone treats you equally. After that, she allowed you to introduce yourself. You just simply told them your full name and where you came from.

The teacher told you to sit and you can choose the seat on your own. There are three empty seats and all of them are in the back row. You instinctively took the one next to Tanaka near the window.

"So..." you whispered, drawing the shaved head boy's attention, "did the pig get away?"

"Just shut up..." he mumbled and looked away.

The lesson passed without any trouble. Your neighbor, Tanaka surprisingly quiet the whole lesson so you don't have a hard time listening to the teacher. During the class, he's not much of a talker--although, not a good listener either. You notice his attention was easy to divert and when he started drifting to sleep, you would silently smack his thigh with your pencil.

After the bell rang, the class immediately buzzed with the student's conversation. Some of them stop by at your table to introduce themselves to you. You gladly welcome them as you felt they all welcome you.

"Do you want to get lunch with us?" your new friend, Naoko asked you but you don't have time to answer her as Tanaka interrupt.

"Sorry, she can't... she'll be having lunch with me"

"eh?" you and Naoko surprised in unison. But she quickly to brush it off tho, "heh... not bad Tanaka, you don't waste any time huh?" she chuckled while patted Tanaka in the shoulder, some of the other students near your table playfully giving a wolf whistle and start to pestered Tanaka in a suggestive way. Tanaka only looked lost in his classmate behavior.

"Have fun with your date then," Naoko said before she strolled away.

"Eh!? T-that's not... that's not what I meant!" Tanaka stammered and blushing madly seemingly just put the two together, "It's just, I know her, we're friend—"

He's trying to explain but it's too late, everybody already leaving the classroom.

Tanaka sighed and turned to you, "Mum made you a bento"

"O-oh" you murmured as you lightly fanning your face that already getting warmer.

"Let's go, I know a great place to eat" he leading you out the classroom with two bento in his hand while you followed him behind.