Chapter 9

"Whoah..." you jaw dropped at the sight in front of you. He took you to the hill behind the school and from there you could see the whole little town which is still engulf by silvery mist. As your eyes locked on the view, you felt someone watching you and as an instinct you turn your head to the side and found Tanaka already watching you with a small smile etching on his face.

"What?" You mumbled.

"You still have the same dumb face everytime you impress" he smirked.

Your smile deflated as your eyes twitching in exasperation, "Somehow it's extremely irritating to hear an idiot like you calling me dumb"

"For your information, I know you have that face when you watch me spike" Tanaka laughed while your face turned to hundred shade of red.

"N-no I'mnot!" you throw your fist toward his arm but he quickly catch it,

"Don't hit me with your arm, it scares me... look how small it is, you will break it" He chuckled while his hand still have a strong grab against your wrist.

You feel a nerve just snap as you listen to him, "Ugh! You're so annoying! You dumb-ass-baldy" you tried to hit him with your other hand but he caught it again.

An irritation mark showed at his temple, "Tch. Who the hell you're calling bald!"

"you! you hopeless-wingspiker-dumbass-baldy-dumbass!" you mocked him with playful tone lacing your words.

"huu~uuh... you wanna fight huh?" he tilted his chin upward and changed his facial expression become thug-like face.

You jusr stuck out your tongue as a respond.

"oho~ you are sooo going to be punish by the great Tanaka-senpai" he tugged you closer until your face was inches away from his. You can hear the thumping sound of your heart getting louder in your ear as you can felt your forehead tickled by his warm breath. His grin faltered when your small frame bumped into his chest and realized just how close you are. His eyes flickered really fast to your lips before back to your eyes.

But before anything could move any further, you felt something dropped on your shoulder. Both you and Tanaka paused and took a looked at it. You instantly screamed when you found a giant beetle perched on your shoulder. You snatch your wrists from Tanaka's hand and running away from him. Tanaka laughed as his eyes following your figure running in circle frantically. Unfortunately, the beetle flies off and hopped to your face. You let out a high pitch, banshee-like scream as you shake your head like a bobbing toy car "Get it off! Get it off!"

"Gwahahaha" Tanaka collapsed while holding his stomach and continue to laugh his ass off.

"IN CASE YOU DON'T NOTICE! I FUCKING NEED A HELP HERE!" you barked to him as your head movement change from a head-shake become like a hardcore, metal singer who banging his head forward.

"It's just.., A.., tiny beetle," Tanaka said in between laugh.

"Fuckin' just GET RID THIS THING OFF ME!" you shouted not aware of the beetle that already flying away from your head ages ago. He regains back his composure and stood up. A mischievous grin appeared on his face when he noticed that the beetle already has gone from your head, "not until you apologize  for calling me bald"

"I ain't gonna apologize for stating a fact!" you stated stubbornly.

"boy! that beetle looks good on your head, maybe it should just stay there for the rest of its life" he teased and crossed his hand in front of his chest.

"ARE YOU SERIOU—" you stopped as you feel like your chest being squeeze, making you have a hard time to breathe. You drop on your knees while your hand clenched your chest and your breath come out in a short spurt. It only took a second and you know you have another attack.

"Don't pull that card (Y/n), it's not funny" Tanaka sounded a lot calmer than he actually is.

You ignored him and trying to find your inhaler in your pocket, all while still struggling to breathe. You become panicky when you realized you currently still wearing your pajama and forget to take an inhaler with you.

Well Shit.

"...forgot..." you whizzed to Tanaka in between your ragged breathing, "...inhaler"

"W-what?" Tanaka's eyes widen as he abruptly skidded down on his knees in front of you. He frantically searched his pocket before he pulled out an inhaler and give it to you. You put it in your mouth and inhale the content deep into your lung. After a while, your breathing came back to normal but still panting lightly.

Tanaka let out a relieved breath as he sits down on the damp grass. He stuck out his hands behind him to leaned back against it and sprawled both of his legs on each side of you. He looks like someone who just through a life-threatening event.

You, on the other hand, are not much any different. It always exhausted you everytime you have an attack. So you just lay on your back in between his leg and rest your head on his thigh.

"You should've said sooner you don't bring your inhaler with you"

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll make some tea and sit down to talk about my inhaler next time I strangled to death" you grumbled, "speaking of which," you tilted your chin upward to looked him in the eyes, "Why do you have an inhaler in your pocket?"

"Your Dad gave it to me just in case yours would run out or you forgot to bring it with you" he shrugged as his hand smooth back strains of hair that sticking in your forehead.

"When did he have time to do that?" you frowned as you remember clearly that your father was still in the living room when you dashing off the house to met Tanaka this morning.

"On your first day of school, after I carried you home... " Tanaka answered.

"Oh... wait... it was like a week ago, did you... carrying it with you everywhere or what?"

"Not everywhere" he scoffed like it was the most bizarre things to do while suddenly pulled out an inhaler from his pocket like before was totally normal, "Just when I go to school or when you hang out with me, anytime you'd be around," he said quietly.

"That's... very thoughtful of you," you unconsciously let out a sweet smile.

"I know right!" he laughed and continued to boast about himself, while you giggled at his antics.

"Well, thank you—" you smirked, "Tanaka-senpai".

He throws his head back as he laughed loudly, "one more time"

You hold your hand together in front of your chest like a fangirl and make a girly voice "Tanaka-senpai~"

He laughed more and as soon as his laugh die down your stomach growled loudly as if it trying to remind you that you don't have breakfast yet.

"ah... I'm hungry..." you stated flatly.

He chuckled, "I know... your stomach just told the whole forest"

"Shut up and let's just go home" you blushed.