Chapter 5

Tanaka took you to the rooftop which is, a great place. You love how the wind caressed you and how the place was so quiet. He handed you the bento once both of you take a seat on the floor where it was shaded from the sun.

"Thanks, she shouldn't trouble herself making me this, I can just buy my lunch," you said quietly.

"heh tell that to my mum" he snorted, you chuckled lightly and started to open the lunch box. The two bento were arranged identically, there was rice on the left side while the side dish was on the right, filled with a sunny side up, fried sausage that cut into octopus shape, a small piece of chicken teriyaki, and a few vegetables. You smiled sadly, it reminded you of when your mum always made one for you.

"here..." Tanaka begins as he dropped something in your bento, "you still like it right?"

"you still hate it?" you chuckled lightly when you saw what he gave to you, it's an egg yolk from the sunny side up.

"every damn day" he grumbled. It made You remember when the two of you were only a kid when you told him you love the egg yolk while he claimed that he hates it a lot, and he would give his egg yolk to you ever since.

Then the metal door to the rooftop suddenly flung open, making you and Tanaka jump. You heard several footsteps coming closer. While you grew anxious, Tanaka just continued chomping his food and doesn't seem to bother by it in the slightest.

After a moment you saw three boys arrive at the hidden spot on the rooftop where you and Tanaka sit. One of them has a wild look even though he's the shortest, his hair spikes upward and there's a tuft of hair that falls over his forehead and appears to be bleached. While the other two look like completely normal high school boys. they have black hair and the other has a shaved head like Tanaka.

"Ryu! are yo—whoa... who is she?" the shortest one begin but look stunned when his eyes found you sitting next to Tanaka.

"she's a transferred student in my class," Tanaka said, as always doesn't finish his food first before he spoke and made some of the food spills out from his mouth.

"whuah! She's cute!" his eyes sparkled as he leaned closer to your face. You flinched away while Tanaka palm-faced the spiky-haired boy with his left hand to stopped his hyperactive friend from getting any closer to you.

"(y/n), this is Nishinoya, that's Enoshita and Narita," Tanaka said, using the chopstick in his right hand to point at them one by one, "everyone, this is (L/n) (y/n), she's just moved here yesterday from Tokyo"

"nice to meet you, I'm (L/n) (y/n)" you said nervously.

"nice to meet you" They all nodded and smiled at you, except the shortest one because he was bouncing and looked ecstatic especially after he heard Tokyo. He showers you with a bunch of questions about Tokyo and even though it was too much for you, you manage to answer every one of them.

"oh right Tanaka, Takeda sensei said we will have a practice match today" Enoshita chimed in as he sat down across from you and started unwrapping his yakisoba.

"So sudden, Against who?" Tanaka Inquired.

"Onigiri high school!" Nishinoya yelled excitedly.

"Ouginishi..." Narita corrected him.

"Um... practice match?" you speak up.

"Yeah... Didn't Tanaka tell you? he's in the volleyball club, we all are" Enoshita smiled and scratched his head sheepishly while you just shake your head as if to answer him that you don't know anything.

"Ah! (y/n), Why don't you come with us after school and watch us play? If pretty girl like you watch us, I'm sure we're going to win!" Nishinoya beamed at you and throw his fist in the air. At this moment you realized Nishinoya called everyone by their first name, at first you thought he was close with Ryu but now you know.

"No she can't" Tanaka interrupted quickly. Everyone was taken aback by his remark, including you.

"What's the matter? Is the great Tanaka-senpai chicken out because of a girl?" Enoshita taunted him while the other tried hard to not laugh, knowing it will hit right in Tanaka's ego anytime soon.

"W-who said I'm scared! It's just—" Tanaka stammered.

"What? are you terrible at volleyball?" you joined Enoshita at taunting him and that did it.

An irritation pulse appeared at his temple as he whipped around to face you "Tch! come and watch! I'll show you how great I am!"

You simultaneously responded to him "okay...".

Tanaka paused as a bead of cold sweat trickling down his temple, "Seriously?"

"of course" you give him an innocent smile.

"F-fine! I'll warn you tho, don't blame me if you fall in love with me" he grinned and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay" you shrugged.

"Yosh! I'm fired up now!" Nishinoya clenched his fist.

"Why are you the one who fired up" Enoshita sweatdropped at his spiky-haired friend.