Chapter 12

"Tanaka, (L/n)!" someone called as you and Tanaka playfully fought for the last lump of cotton candy in your hand. When you turned to find the source of the voice, it was Sugawara who called the both of you. You both then sauntered happily to him.

"Suga-san... what are you having in here?" Tanaka questioned the silver-haired boy.

"Photobooth" he pointed to a small closed booth made from plywood painted in white and hopelessly decorated with hand drawings.

"Do you want to take a picture? (L/n), Tanaka?" he asked in a persuasive way.

"Uh... are you sure it's a photo booth? because it looks like something that my grandpa would make when he's drunk" Tanaka commented skeptically.

"Oh come on... don't be such a fun killer, let's try it" you cheered and slightly insisted until he sighed a "fine".

"We have some accessories for you to wear if you'd like" Sugawara picked up a box full of accessories such as love shape glasses, a top hat, and a lot of other silly things. You grab a cat ear headband and put it on Tanaka's head, he let out a protest but you insisted if he doesn't want to wear it then you might as well just get back to the classroom and ended the fun. He finally complied with you, again, but then he grabbed a fake mustache and put it on under your nose as a little revenge for the cat ear.

"hurry up you lovebird" Suga chimed, he pushed you and Tanaka into the small cube, making You stumbled to Tanaka's chest. Sugawara then wasted no time closing the door. Inside, the cube was plain white with only a small black hole on the wall in front of you, "Uh... isn't there supposed to be a... screen for the camera? or is it normal in Miyagi" you wonder out loud.

"This is what you get from a homemade photobooth" Tanaka squirmed uncomfortably.

The booth doesn't provide a lot of space. You have to stand in front of Tanaka and not-by-a-choice press your back against his hard chest. Apparently, The booth doesn't provide a proper height either so Tanaka has to bend down his neck a little, making His cheeks feather light brushing your temple. you could feel your heart skip a beat as your skin tickled from the light touch.

Tsukkishima is so going to have cramps if he stands here.

"Yosh~ One more victi—I mean couple ready" you heard Sugawara muffled from outside while you and Tanaka were only dumbfounded.

"Roger that..." another muffled voice—a very familiar voice sounded, seemingly coming from the other side of the wall in front of you.

"Daichi...-san?" Tanaka raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... no, you just imagine it, sir... I'm just a machine" the voice spoke again.

You sweatdrop while Tanaka drew out an unamused face "as expected, it's Daichi-san isn't it? you're Daichi-san aren't you? you were standing behind this wall, right Daichi-san? I'm right, am I Daichi-san?"

"DAICHI, DAICHI,  I TOLD YOU I'M JUST A MACHINE!" the voice snapped, simultaneously making Tanaka flinched, "DO YOU WANT TO TAKE A PICTURE OR NOT!? HURRY UP! DO YOU KNOW HOW HOT IN HERE! JEEZ!".

"Pfff-" you burst out a laugh at the scared Tanaka who still wearing a cat ear headband, "your face Ryu—puhahaha— it matches with the cat ear"

"Shut up!" Tanaka put you in a headlock but it doesn't stop you tho, you keep laughing while your hand ascent to grab Tanaka's arm around your neck, trying to pry him off.

"shut up, shut up" Tanaka still trying to make you stop by covering your mouth with his hand even though he started to laugh himself as if your laugh is a contagious thing.

"Yosh~ it's done!" Daich-- the voice chimed once again, making you and Tanaka pause.

"Already?" you gasped as the door flung open, revealing Sugarawa with his usual kind smile.

"Alright, thank you for using our service and please wait three minutes for the picture to be ready," said Sugawara.

"Three... minutes?" Tanaka sweatdropped as his eyes twitched.

"o...kay," you said as you stepped out of the booth. 

After three minutes two pieces of rectangle paper slide out from a narrow hole in the booth, Sugawara took them and handed them each to you and Tanaka. It was a collage photo of you and Tanaka when you laughing at him inside the booth. The top frame is a pic when you and he just enter the booth and have a blank expression, the second frame is a pic where Tanaka has a stunned expression while you laughing, the third frame you were still laughing while grabbing Tanaka's hand that wrapping around your neck, he was laughing too while his eyes focus on you. In the last frame, Tanaka has a natural grin, one hand still wrapped around your neck while the other covered half of your face. In each of the photographs, both of you looked natural and happy. 

"Wow... I love it," you marveled, "Thanks Daichi-san" you cheered to the booth.

"Don't mention it, glad you like it... sorry for yelling" he voiced from inside the booth.

"It's worth it" you giggled.

"Daichi... machine, be a machine" Sugawara sweatdrop.