Chapter 11

After you slightly flee from Hinata's stand, leaving the orange-haired boy flushed and being fanned by his classmate, You marched back to your class. It's not as busy when you were on your shift but there are still people that kept your classmates occupied. You strolled behind the makeshift cashier where two of your closest friends stood.

"(Y/n)-chan you're back already?" Ayamé, a girl with curly jet black hair chimed.

"What is that?" Naoko asked, glancing at your hand. She has brown shoulder-length hair and currently wearing a white apron on top of Karasuno's black uniform.

"Melon pan" you answered.

"Hoh... I love melonpan, can I have one?" she inquired.

"No, you can't" you hide the paper bag behind your back.

"Why not?" she pouted.

"Because it's not for you" you stuck out your tongue.

"Hee~eeh... is it for Tanaka?" she smirked and wiggled her eyebrow.

"Eh!? ...how do you know?" your eyes widen as you feel your cheeks getting warmer.

"Because I know" she hummed happily then her eyes flickered toward the doorway, making you do the same. A girl with black short hair wearing another high school uniform appeared along with other two of her friends. They all have tall and slender bodies with model-worthy faces. You could hear some of the boys in the room murmur about them. She seemingly looking for someone.

"Whoa... they're almost sweeping the ceiling, who are they? " Naoko whispered.

"Isn't that Niiyama high school uniform? Ya know... the school for girls" Ayamé inquired. Being only lived here for three months, you don't really know that much so you only become a silent spectator. One of the Niiyama girls seemed like she found whoever she looked for before she raised her voice.

"Ryu-chan!" she beamed and waved to someone. You, Ayamé, and Naoko's heads turned from the girl to the direction where she was facing, and then back to her as if all of you watching a ping pong match.

"Ryu... chan?" you and Naoko echoed. She was calling for Tanaka and simultaneously the boy called her back and came over to her. Once Tanaka is in front of her, you were a lot amazed by how tall she is. She is about ten centimeters taller than him.

"That woman... who did she think she is!?" Naoko glared at the tall girl.

"Naoko-san please control your face, you're going to scare away the customer," Ayamé warned calmly while everybody at the table around her looks terrified.

"But it PISSED ME OFF sooo bad... look at her Ayamé!" Naoko pointed her finger at the Niiyama girl repeatedly.

"Naoko-san, I'm looking from the moment she walked into the class" Naoko deadpanned. The said Niiyama girl sauntered to an empty table in the corner of the room with Tanaka. While two of her friends took a different table. Admittedly, it kinda pissed you off too because they seemed really close.

"She's going to SINK DOWN MY SHIPS! I'm going to hunt her down if that happens" Naoko grabbed Ayamé's shoulder and shook it.

"am I too dumb to understand this or..." you turned to Ayamé.

"Just ignore her" Ayamé swatted Naoko's hand from her and strode away to greet a new customer that came after the Niiyama girls.

...

Fifteen minutes have passed and the tall girl still chatted with Tanaka. Naoko still throwing harsh comments every minute like a broken record and you start to wonder if Naoko somehow develops a feeling toward Tanaka. But you were quick to shrug off all of that by occupying yourself, even though,  occasionally, you took a secret glance to the corner of the room. You don't really want to overthink like; are they planning their wedding or what? Which is exactly what you were thinking the moment you try to not think about it. Because by the look of that girl—like she blooming in happiness and the time they took to talk to each other, they sure are bugging you.

"Thank god she's finally leaving" Naoko suddenly rejoiced. You cast your eyes toward them and notice that the girl already stepped out of the class while Tanaka stopped at the doorway and gave a playful goodbye to her. When he turned around and noticed your figure, his lips instantly stretch into a smile, and approached you.

"Where have y—" Tanaka began but was cut off by Naoko.

"Oi Tanaka, who is that girl?" She pointed toward the door.

"Hmm?" he looked back to check if there was someone behind him, but seemingly quick to understand that Naoko referring to the guest he was talking to, "oh... she's my friend, we went to the same elementary scho— "

"Do you like her?" she interrogated him closely.

"Huh?" Tanaka flustered from the sudden question, "well, I... don't hate her" he shrugged.

"Hmm... is that so?" Naoko narrowed her eyes and scanned Tanaka's face with her eyes for any slight hint of lies.

"Your face is scary" Tanaka leaned away.

She's scary? That's a bit rich coming from you, Ryu

"(Y/n)-chan don't you have something for Tanaka-san?" Ayamé speaks up to kick off the tense aura that radiated from Naoko.

"I/you do?" you and Tanaka speak at the same time. Ayamé holds up the white paper bag you brought with you earlier.

"Oh right!" you snatched the bag from Ayamé's hand and give it to Tanaka, "here, for you"

Tanaka unfold the paper bag and beamed, "melon pan! is it really for me?".

You nodded and grinned, "yeah I bought it at Hinata's stand, they sell tiny little cakes, it was so cute! Ooh... And I visit Asahi-san and Noya-san classes too it was so fun, did you know Asahi-san could play guitar and sing?" you rambled happily about your little journey while Tanaka listened to you heartily and started to munching his favorite snack.

"You go and meet them without me? Why don't you wait for me, I want to see them too" he pouted.

"We could go together, like, right now... 'cause I don't mind going there again" you stated happily.

"Really? Yosh! Let's go then" he cheered and walk out of the class while you followed him, leaving the smirking Ayamé and Naoko behind.

"See? Your ship is fine" Ayamé whispered.

Naoko nodded and tears up, "I just hope I could see it set sail before I die"

Ayamé scrunched her nose and back away, "just pretend she didn't say that and walk away from her"