Chapter 8

You awoke to the melodic chirp of birds. It's been so long since you feel great waking up in the early morning like this. You've only moved here a week ago, but it already has an effect on you. You rarely have had an asthma attack since you were here, you fell asleep without a problem and woke up feeling fully rested.

During the week, You found yourself joining Karasuno's art club, the only club where the activities are compatible with your condition and mostly your passion. Thanks to Tanaka, you smiled and laughed a lot. He would occasionally bring you along when he hangs out with his volleyball teammates. They all are so loud and constantly do stupid things, but that's what made them so precious to you.

Tanaka always walked you home before he has to practice volleyball, it made you feel bad, and sometimes you have to lie to him that your art club has a meeting just so he doesn't have to walk you home. Don't take it the wrong way, You always love his company, it's just you can't help but worry he will exhaust himself if he walked you home before the practice every day, even though your house was only ten minutes walking from the school.

You sit upright and stretch your muscle for a moment before throwing your leg off the bed. Then walk toward the sliding door to open it and let the morning air fill your room.

"ah~ the smell of the weekend" You whispered to yourself and inhale the cold breeze deeply. you linger on the balcony for several minutes and when you were about to come back inside, you hear a ring of a bell bike. You whipped your head around to find Tanaka riding a bike in front of your house.

"What do you think?" he shouted from below.

"Oh no! This day has finally arrived! RYU! STEALING is wrong!" you pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Tch! As if!" He barked at you offendedly, "I bought it, thank you very much!"

Your eyes glimmered as your lips stretch into a grin, "You buy a bike!?"

"Yeah! It arrived this morning and I came here right away because I want you to be the first one to ride it with me" he grinned,

You bounced excitedly before running out of your room without even remembering to change off your pajama first. You don't slow down even when you decent the stairs.

"whoa, whoa, no running down the stairs!" Your father yelled from the living room and instantly made you stop running but immediately ran again as soon as your feet left the last step.

"Where are you going?" your father raised his voice again.

You only manage to answer him "Ryu" while abruptly slipping into your snickers. You panting lightly when you arrived in front of Tanaka.

"Why are you running like that, it's not like I'm going anywhere anyway" Tanaka scolded you.

"Sorry..." you whizzed in between your panting, "I just—it's so cool!"

"I know right!" he laughed loudly.

You circle him to take a quick look at the bike. The main part was white but have a mint-green accent. it's a simple mountain bike with a little modification to accommodate one more person. It has been added a rear seat—a simple square metal bar with a fluffy cushion on top.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" he said as his hand patted the seat behind him.

You get in the passenger seat and once he made sure you were holding on to him he started to pedal.

"Where are we going?" you asked.

"Where do you wanna go?" he asked you back in a cheery tone.

"Hmm... somewhere... where there are no people—because I just realized I still wearing my pajama" you laughed, "it's kinda embarrassing".

"Yosh! I know where to go!" he speeded up carelessly, making you yelp and tighten your arm around his waist.

"slow down! you're gonna get us killed" you yelled and pinched his side.

"Ouch!" he whimpered and slowed down, "alright, alright".