Chapter 2 (Benjamin)

After driving three hours, listening terrible pop music and Bartholomew and Python flirting. Benjamin is ready to throw himself in the into the lake. When Bj finally pulled up at the camp, Benjamin pushed over Beatrix and flew out the open window. He didn't know where he's going because he's trying to steady himself, since his left arm was cut off he couldn't fly straight. Benjamin finally looked up and he crashed into someone. His cousins shouted his name as his face landed near the person. Benjamin eyes widened as he stated into the prettiest grey eyes.

"G'day." The strong Australian accent said.

"Uh, h-hi." Benjamin muttered.

Bj lifted Benjamin off, making Benjamin feel like a rag doll. The person laughed as he jumped up. Benjamin face turn beet red as the face looked at him. Dark brown skin, their entire right side was covered with scars, dark brown hair with golden ends pulled into a ponytail topped with a hat. They wore a lifejacket, and once they stood up Benjamin felt a shock go through his body. Benjamin wanted to touch the stranger, he had no idea why but his brain told him too. Bentley giggled making Benjamin glared at him.

"Woah, dude you're a giant! How tall are ya?" Bj exclaimed.

Bast elbowed him, "Bj that's rude."

"What? I thought it's a reasonable question." Bj said.

"Russell! I haven't seen you since August." Sam said as she hugged Russell.

"I know, haven't been to the meetings. Me pops needed help planning the summer camp." Russell said.

Benjamin pressed his lips together, feeling jealous that Sam was talking to this gorgeous person. He realised that he's feeling it and tried to push it away. Yet it only came back up when Sam and them hugged. Bj finally cleared his throat, Benjamin could've thanked him but he didn't want the stranger to know that Benjamin thinks they're hot. Sam pulled away and walked towards Bj, she grabbed his hand making Bj dropped Benjamin. Benjamin gasped as he slammed against the ground.

"Oi mate! Are you alright, mate?" Russell said as they bend down to help Benjamin.

Benjamin blushed as Russell helped him up. Bast and Bentley looked at each other with a similar smirk. Russell smiled, Benjamin noticed a large scar across Russell cheek. Subconsciously he reached out to touch the scar, Russell didn't move as Benjamin traced the scar. Benjamin pulled away blushing and stood next to Beatrix. Russell touched his cheek as he faced the teens.

"Sam and me went to this support group for LGBT+. Me pops thought it would be a great idea since I'm nonbinary." Russell said.

"What does that mean?" Beatrix asked.

"I don't define as a gender. I just can't see myself as a female or male. I simply see myself as Russell. You guys can call me them, they, or their. Never it." Russell said.

Benjamin nodded but glanced down at his hand. His heart beated fast but he looked back up. Benjamin tried to look everywhere but Russell, sadly his eyes only wanted to see Russell. Russell eyes met with Benjamin's, they never left as they explained the camp rules and schedules. Finally a girl walked next to them. Her short curly red hair, shaved at the sides, pale skin dotted with freckles.

"And this Violet, she'll be showing where the girls will be staying." Russell said.

Bast, Camilla and Beatrix grabbed their bags to follow Voilet. Sam hesitated but Bj handed her bag and kissed her forehead. Sam smiled as she followed the other girls. Bj didn't take his eyes off of her until she left his point of view. Benjamin saw Russell coming to grab one of his bags, they handed Benjamin the dufflebag and they carried his bookbag. Russell smiled as they spread their arms.
"Follow me gentlemen." Russell said.

Benjamin didn't know if his cousins or Python followed him but he walked next to Russell's side. He heard Bj talking to Bentley, Bartholomew and Python mumbled something. He looked at Russell but blushed when he saw Russell already staring at him.

"So your old man owns this place?" Benjamin asked.

"Oh yeah. After I moved here four months ago, but he been here for years. He brought the family business with him." Russell replied.

"Sounds fun."

"Eh, I didn't know other people would have powers here. I mean, Violet can read emotions and her eyes change to how she feels. When I saw ya fly, wow, amazing. Even if you look liked a baby deer."

"Ha ha, very funny. You have powers?"

Russell nodded, "Super speed. Comes in handy when I want chips from town."

Benjamin smiled and looked at Russell. He realized that he had to look up, even if Benjamin is 4'9  he didn't have to look all the way for his cousins just his sister. Russell was the best height to block the sun for Benjamin but he couldn't help but to notice how easily he could hear Russell's heartbeat if he pressed his ear against their chest. Benjamin looked away, blushing as Russell smiled.

"Your cabin is called Flaming Boars and number five. My cabin will be right next door, so please stop by if you have any questions or just want to hang out with me. I mean, I wouldn't mind hanging out with you." Russell said as they stared at Benjamin.

Benjamin smiled, "I may need some help unpacking since I'm missing an left arm."

Russell smirked.

"Oh come on dude, we can help you." Bj said.

Benjamin, Bentley and Bartholomew elbowed Bj as Python snorted. Bj groaned as he tried to cover the sore spots but walked in the cabin. Russell laughed as they waited for Benjamin to walk in. Benjamin choose the last bunk, near the bathroom, and sat on the bed. Russell placed the bag on and sat next to him. Benjamin pulled his legs up and turned to face them.

"Was you a superhero back in Australia?" Benjamin asked as his cousins and Python unpacked.

"I wouldn't say superhero just the guy who didn't use his powers for others." Russell replied. "What about you? Are you a superhero."

"Yeah, sorta."

"What does sorta mean?"

"I haven't been able to control my powers lately. The stress from school might've been the reason."

Russell nodded.

"How tall are you?" Benjamin asked.

Russell smiled, "Six foot. You?"

Benjamin blushed, "I'm only 4'9."

Russell smiled as they placed their hand on Benjamin's leg. Benjamin heart jumped as he turned away. He didn't want Russell to see his blushing face. Russell took their other hand to grab Benjamin's chin and made him face them. Benjamin gulped.

"You know, I may need help you put your clothes in the drawer. Only if you want me to." Russell said.

Benjamin smiled, "I think I do need help."

Heyyo Guys!!!!!

What we thinks??? Russell??? Benjamin???? Benji is finally getting a love interest, so yeahh!  So your thoughts?????

Wells Byes Loves Y'alls!!!!!!!!!!!!