Chapter 33 (Benjamin)

"I'm getting very tired of being stuck in dreams!" Benjamin yelled.

He looked around trying to find a way out of here. Slowly the room shifted into his old bedroom. Benjamin narrowed his eyes, looking at the posters, burnt walls with holes and his bed messy with clothes strung out. Then a figure sat on the bed, Ethan. 

Anger swells in his chest along with confusion. Why is Ethan here for his emotions? He would think it would be Russell or his dad, not Ethan. He already solved his feelings for Ethan. He hates him. He scared of him. He just can't stand Ethan! 

So, why would he appear in this?

"What are you doing here?" Benjamin asked, backing up.

"Emotions are more complicated then you think, Benjamin," Ethan said with a sly smile.

"I know my feelings about you."

"Do you really? I mean, anger, hatred, and fear are plenty of things. Emotions aren't one-sided. Take Python feelings about me. He's scared, loves and sorry for me. Brothers, we tend to fight and made deals. Don't you think I know how he feels?" 

"Ethan . . . you told me to protect him. But from what?"

Ethan looked around the room, "Hm, your room is different from I imagined."

"You can't imagine things. You're dead."

Ethan didn't say anything back. Instead, he stood up and walked around the room. His hands inside his pant pockets. Benjamin hands pressed against the door, his back flat and hair covering his face. Benjamin breathing became very uneven. 

Benjamin wanted to get out of here. All he felt is fear. Not anger, not jealousy, he didn't feel anything. Nothing. All he feels is fear. His legs began to wobble, knees buckled, and face pale. He turned his head away from Ethan, closing his eyes. 

Ethan snickered as he tapped on Benjamin's chest. Benjamin opened his eyes and saw Ethan looking down at him. Ethan's hand pressed against his chest, finger dug deep in his chest. Ethan smirked as he shook his head. Benjamin wanted to smack his hand away but he didn't.

"I never thought I would see the day," Ethan whispered. "The day that Benjamin Jojo is scared." 

Benjamin didn't say anything. He couldn't. Words wouldn't form in his mouth. They got caught in his throat and he knows that's not a good sign. 

"Amazing isn't? When fear grips you to the point you can't speak. I felt that way, Benjamin, I really did. The moment I saw the town falling, when Python almost didn't keep his blood promise or when you guys almost didn't win." Ethan said as he shook his head. 

"Fear is some type of emotion. Brings out a lot more than people think." Ethan said as he pulled his hand away. "You know, Python used to be scared of everything. The only thing he is never scared of was snakes."

"Why are you telling me this?" Benjamin asked, finally speaking.

Ethan smiled, "Just because I lost my way doesn't mean I want Python too. He's my brother, Benjamin, so that means he will fall like I did."

"What happened?"

"Fear takes in. All my life I was scared that Python would be killed or turn out just like the rest of us. He never did."

"All you wanted to do was protect him?"

Ethan nodded, "Normal sibling feeling."

"So, what do you want me to do?"

"The next challenge is Time. Python has been in the past too much, so much that almost every time period has a version of him. If he sees himself then he would lose his mind. Become crazy like I was."